Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 80 in a 65
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
On the way home from a short trip. 80 in a 65 in the 3.6. That sucks - oh well, it could have been MUCH worse and I guess my time was up...

-Steve
biosurfer1
i'm not sure what the current rates for speeding are these days (i try to stay away from them!) but 15 shouldnt be too bad, I know it used to be that anything above 20 and the fine would start to sky rocket.
brp914
hey, in a 3.6 you coulda ditched 'em! ok, kidding.

Speaking of being pulled over...I took a day off work to fix my bike. About 5pm I get it to where I can ride it. Getting dark, no time to get helmet, jacket, etc. I'll just ride it to the end of the street in my complex. Get to the end of the street and decide it's too difficult to make u-turn, so I'll just take it out of the complex around the block. I make it 50 yds and pass 2 chp going the other way. headbang.gif They swing around and call in a 3rd. They pull me over and block traffic in the middle of rush hour, lights flashing, whole 9 yds. GET OFF THE BIKE!!! TAKE THE KEY OUT!!! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!! (dude no helmet - thats all!) It was like I was going to be on Americas Most Wanted. They later tell me that half the sportbikers they try to pull over take off.
dlo914
i recently got an 84 in a 65...i was clear for a good 4 years since my last ticket. (got my license at 18, now 22) i guess it was my time sad.gif
sean_v8_914
SD CHP must like signal organge. I just got pinched on teh 52 east just past teh 805 as it starts to go up the hill. 85 in my 2.0
davep
80 in a 65 zone on I-90 in New York State will set you back $90 plus $50 surcharge. Cops every 5 miles, almost always busy writing a ticket. Jerks!
TravisNeff
Certainly not as bad as when I got tagged for 80 in a 35. Back when I was a lot younger and dumber, at least I am handsomer now. tooth.gif
plymouth37
I got nicked going 96 in a 65 in my Legacy gt. Good thing the trooper was my brother in-law! he flicked on the lights for a second, then called me on my cell to tell me what a dick I was, and to take it easy!
davep
It certainly makes driving, for the pleasure of driving, nearly impossible. For myself, if I am driving in a state of paranoia due to fear of going too fast, then I am far more dangerous to those around me. If I drive too slow, I fall asleep. BTW the winter shitbox (Honda Civic) has no cruise control.
drewvw

Sucks. I got that exact ticket when I was 20, driving from rochester to buffalo in a Volvo 240 with a cigarette in my hand.
anthony
Just do online traffic school, pay the fees, and don't get another ticket for at least 18 months.

Mikey6981
talk about luck I got nicked for 130 in my '72 914/4 and got off with a warning. The chp said that the only reason he let me go is cuz he has 3 914s and he couldn't belive that I was going that fast
So.Cal.914
Neither can I but stranger things have happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.