Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
apexeric
Does any one have any comments about Yokohama AVS ES100's?

I am looking for a set of tires that I can use to drive to autocross and still have good grip, especially in wet conditions.

I have a set of Kumho Victoracers V700's that I use when I drive to our local AX's in dry conditions. I love those tires but they are awefully harsh on long trips. Plus they are 205/50 15 so I'm never sure how fast I am really going on the highway!

I looked on the Tire Rack site and found that the only tire available in 195/60 15 is the Yoko AVS ES 100.

Any comments/recommendations?

Thank you.

Eric
r_towle
I have them.
Not a good tire below 45 degrees, really slippery...

Otherwise a fun summer tire with fabulous grip (for a street tire)
When sold, they are like driving on ice.

Rich
PRS914-6
I have them on my 911. Fine tire for day to day driving but lack grip. Would not buy them again.
PRS914-6
I have them on my 911. Fine tire for day to day driving but lack grip. Would not buy them again.
mikelsr
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 1 2007, 10:11 AM) *

Does that mean we need to steal them so they won't be slippery? smile.gif

I have a set on my '72 and they work great. I used them AXing and they worked well.
Crazyhippy
They are no Victoracer... great street tire, but not a AX tire like the victo's
Brian_Boss
I have this tire (195/60) on my car and I like them as a street tire.

I would agree that they tend to lose some grip when really cold but I don't find it to be a problem. Even with temps around freezing, they grip OK after the first few miles.

They're no Vracers but I think they are about as good as you can expect from a tire that lasts more than 5000 miles and that you can drive in the rain.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those..
r_towle
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Feb 1 2007, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 1 2007, 10:11 AM) *

Does that mean we need to steal them so they won't be slippery? smile.gif

I have a set on my '72 and they work great. I used them AXing and they worked well.

When COLD,,i meant.
apexeric
Thank you for your replys.

Although I haven't actually called the Tire Rack it seems as though the choices for this tire size are limited. Should I be looking elsewhere?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.