Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Audi owners ? euro rear fog light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I have a Volvo S80 and it has the Euro rear fog light, it has a separate switch on the dash to turn it on/off and an indicator on the gauge panel.

Does the Audi have the same thing? or do the fog lights front and rear come on with the same switch?

I've seen several A4's, A6's, lately on the freeway (and it's always an Audi, probably not too many cars with this option) with the rear fog light illuminated. I'm just wondering if the owners are just morons or don't know they have switches, or just turn everything on all the time, because. They all seem oblivious to the fact that they have this bright ass extra light on the rear of the car.

Also, driving around in LA with fog lights on is COOL. Must be because everyone is doing it. Not that there is any...uhm...FOG. dry.gif

Dr. Roger
On a Mercedes-benz the switch twists and if you turn it one click past the regular head light setting the rear fog light comes on. Twist the other way and a parking lamp comes on just the rear left/dim.

I've been there, done that. Had to have a dealer wrench tell me what that extra bulb in the rear tail bucket was for..... LOL

We all gotta' learn one way or the other. =-)
Brian_Boss
I can't answer your question but I have noticed the same thing here in Dallas on a few late model cars (I think some Jag's have them). Looks like they are riding the brakes and have a burned out bulb.

I have always been amused by all the people driving around with the fog lights on in clear weather. Possible explanations:
1) They don't know how to turn them on/off.
2) They think it looks cool.
3) They enjoy the extra light 20 ft in front of them because that's as far ahead as they look when driving.
Rough_Rider
On the audi 80's, 90's & 100's & some of the early A models A4,A6,A8 the're two switches.

front illuminates front only
rear illuminates front & rear.

TROJANMAN
mine has a switch to turn it on and off.
Cap'n Krusty
There seems to be some confusion here. What you call "rear fog lights" are actually "Moron Identifiers" They're only useful in cases where there's some slight question that the driver might not actually be one. Most times it's just obvious ............

BTW, the REAL morons spend a little effort so BOTH sides illuminate.

The Cap'n
Eric Taylor
QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Feb 1 2007, 12:19 PM) *

On the audi 80's, 90's & 100's & some of the early A models A4,A6,A8 the're two switches.

front illuminates front only
rear illuminates front & rear.

Thats how it is one my 93 90. I've been pulled over and told that my brake was sticking. Kinda nice though.
eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.