Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: WE are all going to die
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Date line Dallas TX

A horendous winter storm has parralized the city. Masses of citizens rushed local grocery stores only to find them empty. av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

One local family reported the front yard was almost a quater inch deep with snow.

How will they survive ... HOW WILL WE SURVIVE popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

TheCabinetmaker
Yeah, we were susposed to get 4 inches here today. Nada! smilie_pokal.gif
'Cause
chairfall.gif
I wouldn't suggest coming to Colorado, all that snow may follow you up here. Lord knows we don't need to get hit with a storm like that!
TheCabinetmaker
Aw, what would you Colorado guys know about snow? laugh.gif
spare time toys
Im thinking about calling off my Special Olympic basket ball practice tonight because some of the guys drive them selves. They may be OK but its the other KOOKSout there I worry about.
'Cause
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 1 2007, 04:04 PM) *

Aw, what would you Colorado guys know about snow? laugh.gif

I'd like to know NOTHING about it... but it seems that we are becoming experts!
pbanders
I live in Phoenix, been here since '97, I'm in the southern part of the city (Ahwatukee). A week ago Sunday, we had the first snowfall I've seen at my house since moving here, it lasted about 15 minutes, my kids went nuts. Then this past Sunday, my wife saw snow AGAIN for about 5 minutes. May not sound significant to people buried in 10' of snow, but here, it's pretty rare.

I also lived in Sunnyvale, CA, for 15 years prior to moving here - never saw a single flake of snow at my house there in the entire duration.
spare time toys
This can not be good. The guy over there on the other side of the street has his windows covered with snow already. headbang.gif The 6 oclock news should be a hoot this eve.

chairfall.gif
VaccaRabite
Meanwhile, on the east coast, where we are SUPPOSED to have snow...
We've gotten, what, mayb an inch total all winter?

We are suppsoed to get some tomight. Nothing has started yet. I'm not holding my breath.

Gimmie a snow day, dammit! I got some sleding to do.

Zach
iamchappy
This is my forecast. Not as nice, warm and toasty as yours.
drewvw

run for your lives!
Hammy
Here in Cali we've had like no rain for the past month blink.gif
iamchappy
Here is Rick AKA Aliens forecast for the week.
Lets here from the Guys up in Winnipeg.
Try to imagine temperatures 100ยบ colder than what you have down south.
Lou W
It's too late, I read somewhere that in 10 years the earth will be history anyway.
av-943.gif bruce.gif

highways
QUOTE(Hammy @ Feb 1 2007, 04:11 PM) *

What do you mean no rain? I just drained three swimming pools out of my teener this week. And two weeks ago it snowed in MALIBU. And not like 'hit the ground and melt' type snow either... the city actually brought out snowplows.
Hammy
QUOTE(highways @ Feb 1 2007, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Feb 1 2007, 04:11 PM) *

What do you mean no rain? I just drained three swimming pools out of my teener this week. And two weeks ago it snowed in MALIBU. And not like 'hit the ground and melt' type snow either... the city actually brought out snowplows.

ok well CENTRAL Cali (the California no body knows about smile.gif )
And last time it rained it was only a slight drizzle. Barely enough to make a pool in the teener biggrin.gif
MBowman325
Back, what, three weeks ago, my mom was laughing at me because I called home and told her, "Look! A snow plow!!"

The snow and salt are putting a damper on towing up a bare metal car this weekend... Some crazy estiamtes have been up to 5" here... Don't think it'll do it, thankfully. I'm not used to all this snow...

At least the teener is in the garage. biggrin.gif
woobn8r
I can't talk for Winnipeg, but us other Canadians over here in Ontario know a flake or two about snow....there's about 9" on my lawn right now and everybody's concerned that we haven't seen winter yet.

Our Politicians are screaming about global warming....which is causing the local GM dealer to sell alot of Escalades.... so we can leave them idling in the driveways....soon we hope to be like Florida!

They ski in Bahrain y'know.
John
I guess they will just have to eat each other to survive.

It is Texas and they don't like beans in their chilli.
dgw
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 1 2007, 02:58 PM) *

Date line Dallas TX

A horendous winter storm has parralized the city. Masses of citizens rushed local grocery stores only to find them empty. av-943.gif

It finally snowed in hell. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

er -- Texas
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 1 2007, 02:58 PM) *

Date line Dallas TX

Click to view attachment

One local family reported the front yard was almost a quater inch deep with snow.

How will they survive ... HOW WILL WE SURVIVE popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Eat your neighbor...better yet his daughter. Tastes like chichen. smile.gif
cooltimes
Flurries hit Wednesday night and dusted the area with about 1/32" of snow.
News full of reporters standing outside in different area locations, showing trucks spraying the roads while grocery lots are filled with shoppers. Almost panic.

Snowed again last night. About 2 ". Didn't turn on the TV. I know it would seem we had been invaded from outer space or worse, declared a Federal disaster area.

Does everyone panic in other areas reading this or is it just the news hype that takes 3 talking heads to say what Mom used to tell me when I woke up. Simply put.
"It snowed last night".

Today at my house.

Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Looks nice Mike, wheres the ski lift?
iamchappy
Since were on the weather how did our friends fair last night in Orlando and the surrounding area.
cooltimes
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 2 2007, 12:37 PM) *

Looks nice Mike, wheres the ski lift?

Thanks.
Snow? Already melted and gone.
Or my house? One across the street for sale. $104,900
Come on, retire here and then you can help get mine running too. LOL
Maybe another subject sometimes. Town of 914land, TN

Ski lift? biggrin.gif Closet one is Gatlinburg, about 300 miles East.
Water skis don't last too long on snow.
Other weather.
Middle Florida got hit too but it was with lots of tornados. 19 dead.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Feb 2 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Middle Florida got hit too but it was with lots of tornados. 19 dead.

It hit the retirement community where Betty's dad lives. He got in his golf cart and drove around to take pictures.

Click to view attachment

So.Cal.914
It must have jumped around, my sister in law lives west of orlando and

they are all ok thank God.
dbrossi
In Chicago they like to say we have two seasons; Winter and Construction. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like either is going to be too conducive to having a 914 as a driver in the near future with the way they put road salt out.
DerekKim
I know this is horrible! February and I had to put a sweatshirt on! Actually I have been wearing a thicker jacket. I hope it's not too cold to go racing on the 24th! aktion035.gif
mrhurtalot
here in oklahoma weve missed like 8 days of school because of snow. and we even are prepared for that kind of stuff.

it was just that it was freezing rain, snow, and topped off with more freezing drizzle.

SLIPPPERY!!!
iamchappy
Current temperature here -12, I might have to wear a jacket today.
cooltimes
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 3 2007, 09:52 AM) *

Current temperature here -12, I might have to wear a jacket today.

biggrin.gif -12 WOWEE
You might have to wear one if you don't. A straitjacket. beerchug.gif

Off topic question.
How do you heat your home with temperatures like that? What fuel?

+23 last night in Oakfield TN and my left one was aching.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Feb 3 2007, 03:42 PM) *

Off topic question.
How do you heat your home with temperatures like that? What fuel?

Mike, alot of them come here and use the sun.

-39 degrees, a big nuke should take the chill off. biggrin.gif
shelby/914
When I was in basic training at Ft Bliss in El Paso is snowed an inch or two and they were giving driving instructions on the radio. ar15.gif
iamchappy
We keep warm just like the Eskimo's, we partner up strip naked climb under a fur blanket and have hot wild sex then run around outside to cool off and do it all over again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.