Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Cylinder head and oil temp gauges/senders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pin31
Hi gang,
Anybody have any experience with VDO Cylinder head and oil temp gauges/senders.

I have 4 gauges and clock in my console.

Oil pressure - works but idiot light doesn't (FI removed, do I need the 2-pole sender?)
Oil Temp - not working
Cylinder Temp - not working
Volt meter - working

I changed the plugs (not sure about the round terminal around plug or thermocouple ).

904svo
Oil pressure (idiot light) should have a sender located along the distribtor with a
green/red stripe wire, if you ground this wire it should light the oil pressure idiot
light if the bulb is good.

The tempture gauge is connected to a tempture sender on the bottom of the engine ( TACO Plate) with a green/black stripe wire which come out by the shift
lever, which is plug into the same color wires to the tempture gage.

Sounds like the CHT is not connected to the thermocople couple under a spark plug
or it not there.
pin31
Good tips, thanks...I check it out this weekend.
Joe Bob
Head temp has a ring, goes around the spark plug. Then there is a ground and a power lead....

The oil pressure should have a DUAL pole sender that takes the place single pole sender for the idiot light. The idiot light goes on one pole, the pressure for the gauge on the other. The oil PRESSURE and the IDIOT light measure the same thing from the same source....make sure the dual sender is the right one for your gauge.

Oil Temp, should have a seperate sender and it also has a power, gornd and sender wire.

All should be powered by the fuse that is on the keyed side of the ignition. In other words....no power when the key is off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.