Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oregonhunter
I have some 15x6 cookie cutter wheels and need some autocross tires for a 914-6. Clearance is a concern, particularly on the rear fender. I wanted to try some Hoosier 205/50/15 tires, but without buying new tire(s), I hoped to find a used Hoosier tire to use on this wheel and put it on the car to check the fit. Anyone know where I can find a used Hoosier to try this out?

Thanks for any help with this.

Oregon

1970 914-6
1970 914-6 project car
1971 914 parts cars (2)
GeorgeRud
You might try to contact Tim Studdard of GrassRoots Motorsports, he's pretty much into the vintage racing, etc. scene, and may have some tires available. Also, any racetrack will probably have some old tires laying around the tire truck that you might be able to get hold of for sizing.

You're smart to try the size for your actual car, there are differences between cars and even left to right sides on some cars.
Trekkor
Hoosiers are pretty fat for a 205...Plan on some agressive fender rolling.

( it's worth it though )

KT
URY914
Oregon,
I have a spare set of 205 Kumhos but don't know how they relate to Hoosiers. If you're down this way you can pick one up and try it.

Paul
Bleyseng
I ran 205x50 Kuhmos on my 15x6 Fuchs without any problems, I found a set of 15x7 Cookies to use and those needed lots of fender rolling/paint damage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.