Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuts and Bolts... and other hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I've removed most everything from my car for paint. Some of the nuts, bolts and latches are dirty or have some light corrosion. I do not want to replace them or replate them but would like to clean them up before I reinstall. What is the best way to deal with light corrosion. Can you bead or media blast? Wire brush? Chemicals? Any help to bring them back would be appreciated.

Thanks,
j.
John
Any of those methods will alter the original plating and will cause them to corrode faster. The best method I have seen is to clean and replate.

just my $0.02
messix
a tumbler with walnut shells?
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 1 2007, 09:29 PM) *

agree.gif

Trust messix, he knows nutz. happy11.gif
So.Cal.914
Check this place out.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We are currently underway restoring a 1965 356 sc, just about ready to paint. We have sorted all of the parts into boxes. Box 1 is for powder painting Box 2 is for rechroming Box 3 is for cad plating, and the cad plating box has been divided into gold cad and silver cad. We prepare the worst parts for cad and powder by glass bead blasting. They come back all looking brand new. Sure beats cheap ill fitting repro parts.
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 1 2007, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Feb 1 2007, 09:29 PM) *

agree.gif

Trust messix, he knows nutz. happy11.gif

i know you! alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.