Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 356 Porsche (Rust bucket) in the snow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All,

Just an update from pictures I posted last year on a rust bucket 356 in the Ann Arbor, MI area. It's owned by a person that will not sell it & it's rusting away. headbang.gif

Here's snow/winter pictures.

Tom
TJB/914
a couple more pics.

T
TJB/914
Last one

T
Joe Bob
Same color as the one I just bought.....
jd74914
Thats sad. I'd love to restore a 356.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Tragic. You of all people with your power of persuasion should be able to talk him into selling it, Tom!
rmital
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 2 2007, 01:57 AM) *

Same color as the one I just bought.....

yeah...with about 300% less rust.
rwjames
I'm sure you get the standard answer, "I have owned that car for 40 years and I am going to restore it. It just needs a little bit of work." Eventually he or his family will sell it. And probably at a fraction of what you would pay.

Even if you could buy it, from the looks it would be cost prohibitive to restore it. I can imagine what the floors look like. Trust me, I know these things. Parts on 356's are getting rare and very expensive. Now if you are a highly talented body and paint man, skilled in the use of lead filler and have plenty of time on your hands, it might be do-able.

Good look and keep trying. You just may pick it up some day cheap.

welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 2 2007, 08:39 AM) *

Tragic. You of all people with your power of persuasion should be able to talk him into selling it, Tom!

Hi George,

I never met the eccentric Attorney who ownes this one. Everyone tells me he is a car collector & don't bother contacting the guy. The 356 sits along side a bldg he ownes on a major street going into Ann Arbor, MI (home of Univ of Michigan). Lots of nut cases (liberals) live in the Republic of Ann Arbor. Nuff said!!! bootyshake.gif

Tom
ppickerell
Geez, just rent a trailer, drive there, load it up and drive off? That's legal right? I mean it is just sitting there abandoned. happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Feb 2 2007, 12:47 PM) *

Geez, just rent a trailer, drive there, load it up and drive off? That's legal right? I mean it is just sitting there abandoned. happy11.gif

av-943.gif laugh.gif
Bleyseng
'nuther freakin nutcase who owns a Porsche...

as its rusts away....

alfred.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com

Now that was just not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nomore9one4

I think you would be better off starting a website and charge admission biggrin.gif
drewvw

definitely a bummer but i do like the pics, sort of artisitic....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(drewvw @ Feb 3 2007, 10:52 AM) *

there is true art in the 356 models. I think that every 914 owner should own one.
Johny Blackstain
there is true art in the 356 models. I think that every 914 owner should own one.

I agree but could never make up my mind which one I like the best. I think maybe a white & tan 1960 cabriolet? But then there's the 550- grandpa middie & I am a middie!! A genuine 550 however is even more prohibitive than the 60 cabriolet & w/ my taste a replica will cost me 40K!!
cool_shades.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 11:02 AM) *

Drew & George,

I agree taking pictures of these cars in various stages is an art form. That's the reason I stopped to take a picture of the snow covered 356's, it's an Artisitic happening. Here's a few pictures taken a long time ago before I got a good camera. These artistic pictures got me started. I love "Junk Yard" pictures.

Tom
BTW George: You got a lot of "Art" material at your place pray.gif biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 3 2007, 11:34 AM) *

I agree but could never make up my mind which one I like the best. I think maybe a white & tan 1960 cabriolet? But then there's the 550- grandpa middie & I am a middie!! A genuine 550 however is even more prohibitive than the 60 cabriolet & w/ my taste a replica will cost me 40K!!
cool_shades.gif

Of the production models I like the 60-61 roadsters best.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 03:13 PM) *

cool_shades.gif

I do like the Aetna blue queen George. Must be murder resisting the temptation to drive her. creamsicle914.jpg
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 3 2007, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 03:13 PM) *

cool_shades.gif

I do like the Aetna blue queen George. Must be murder resisting the temptation to drive her. creamsicle914.jpg

I take out my frustration Al by driving the red one!!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 3 2007, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 11:02 AM) *

Drew & George,

I agree taking pictures of these cars in various stages is an art form. That's the reason I stopped to take a picture of the snow covered 356's, it's an Artisitic happening. Here's a few pictures taken a long time ago before I got a good camera. These artistic pictures got me started. I love "Junk Yard" pictures.

Tom
BTW George: You got a lot of "Art" material at your place pray.gif biggrin.gif

You know, every time someone snaps these bad boys, they should also snap the VIN. The 2 you've pictured here have virtually no hope of ever seeing asphalt again, so it would be good "history" to retire these VINS.

Nice pic's Tom!
rich brennick

Email sent to Tom B.

Rich B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.