Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Axle spline count? Mine has 25?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
We got the CV rebuild kits (4) from PMBperformance and they sure looked nice. When the shop pulled the old ones off, the spline count was 25, which I think is for a 914/6? I think the 930 has 28 and VW type 1, 2 and 4 and 914/4 all have 33 splines although axles are different lengths for things like a bus, etc. Are those numbers correct? We had some 33 spline axles and the assemblies are going back in the car tomorrow, thanks guys.
SirAndy
QUOTE(john rogers @ Feb 1 2007, 09:06 PM) *

We got the CV rebuild kits (4) from PMBperformance and they sure looked nice. When the shop pulled the old ones off, the spline count was 25, which I think is for a 914/6? I think the 930 has 28 and VW type 1, 2 and 4 and 914/4 all have 33 splines although axles are different lengths for things like a bus, etc. Are those numbers correct? We had some 33 spline axles and the assemblies are going back in the car tomorrow, thanks guys.

33 is 914-4

914-6 should be 25, like the 911 ... (damm typo, edited for correct number of splines ...)
bye1.gif Andy
Mueller
25 spline for the 914/6.....

I just modified a set of NOS CV's for a member....

here is a thread on the subject... CV talk
john rogers
Thanks for the replys. I did read that thread and thought the 25 spline were 914/6 but wanted to be sure. Now if we can figure why and when my race car was modified it would be nice?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.