Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: man changing alternators sucks!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
man that was real fun! also fixed an oil leak from my pushrod tube that the PO tried to fix... we'll see if mine holds better than his. that alternator sucks! the new one i got had a really long stud on one of the B+ terminals, so i put some rubber grommets on it so it wouldnt ground out on the little air direction shield on the back. I couldnt believe Kragen had one in stock- and it wasnt their autolite brand so maybe it will last. this car sure does like to make me learn how to fix it.
Hammy
QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Feb 1 2007, 11:12 PM) *

man that was real fun! also fixed an oil leak from my pushrod tube that the PO tried to fix... we'll see if mine holds better than his. that alternator sucks! the new one i got had a really long stud on one of the B+ terminals, so i put some rubber grommets on it so it wouldnt ground out on the little air direction shield on the back. I couldnt believe Kragen had one in stock- and it wasnt their autolite brand so maybe it will last. this car sure does like to make me learn how to fix it.

How long did it take you?

I remember changing the alt. was even a bitch for me with the engine OUT of the car before installation. blink.gif
martinef1963
I had to change mine like four times in less than two months - confused24.gif

I finally read the thread were you had to shave one of the washers that was shorting the darn things out.... piratenanner.gif

After all that OJT (on the job training) I got it off & on in less than two hours..

BTW everytime was still a PITA...... dry.gif

regards,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.