Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why people hate Porsche drivers...dick in a GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
link to video

Never a cop around when ya need one.... blink.gif
boxstr
We will probably see this CGT on the news crumpled on PCH, driver severely mangled after pulled from wreckage, DOA at the scence.
CCLINBREAKINGNEWS
Eric_Shea
Craig's right... when Daddy has too much money, things like this happen.
Joe Bob
Must be Dietrich's Kid.... sheeplove.gif
degreeoff
BUT it is a sweet car......wish it were me.

NOT that I am a DICK (often) but I used to love revving my 2.1 with the Kerry Hunter header no discs in...sounded SCHWEET!

Hell I am jealous thats all....
pbanders
While he's a weiner for treating a $500K car as a noise-maker and driving like an a-hole, he's no worse than the billions of middle-aged idiots who ride around the suburbs on their deafening Harley's.
URY914
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 2 2007, 08:52 AM) *

While he's a weiner for treating a $500K car as a noise-maker and driving like an a-hole, he's no worse than the billions of middle-aged idiots who ride around the suburbs on their deafening Harley's.

Or those young kids with that rap music....

If they would only play some Ted Nugent I could deal with it. biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Car drooley.gif
Girl ok
The stunts the driver pulled are less than I see on any night with the ricer crowd on any street USA. He needs to take it to a track and learn how to handle a burnout.
machina
what a dick

he and his girlfriend at least got permanent tinnitus from those tunnel blasts. they deserve it.
John
I wouldn't want to pay taxes or insurance on that.

Thanks, but my cars are all paid for.

Does sound kinda cool.
dflesburg
That doesnt sound as cool as my Mustang Cobra with the cat back off... That is so loud you cant hardly stand to ride in it. Like NASCAR.

I would take a Carrera GT if only some rich woman would buy me one...

But for my money

C'était.un.Rendez-vous.(1976).di.Claude.Lelouch.avi

is still a WAY better video...
dflesburg
The stunts the driver pulled are less than I see on any night with the ricer crowd on any street USA. He needs to take it to a track and learn how to handle a burnout.

Oh yeah, My superchared Cobra does way better fish tails than that
ottox914
Nice car, cute girl, and I expect the truth be known, an unusually small man tool.
BAM
This is what happens when you have more money than brains chair.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 2 2007, 10:36 AM) *

We will probably see this CGT on the news crumpled on PCH, driver severely mangled after pulled from wreckage, DOA at the scence.
CCLINBREAKINGNEWS

We can only hope...

What a prick.... bootyshake.gif

-- Rob
Brando
Whoopedy-doodah, it's loud with no exhaust. Who'da thunkit? confused24.gif
iamchappy
Saw this on the Pelican site. Maybe its the Dick's

Another Carrera GT Dies...
Just got back from picking up a part from the Pacific Porsche on PCH. Noticed a messed up black Carrera GT in the back.

Looks pretty totaled to me. Front and rear damage, air bags deploied. Wheels all pointing in various directions. What a mess. Looked new with Beverly Hills Dealer plates on it.

What happened???
Hammy
That is a very nice car.
Too bad there's just some rich idiot behind the wheel showing off his "Porshe" .
iamchappy
After im done with my turbo project, maybe a Carrera GT V10 914 conversion should be started as there seems to be a few donor cars available.
John
After im done with my turbo project, maybe a Carrera GT V10 914 conversion should be started as there seems to be a few donor cars available.

What's the transmission look like in one of those?
draperjojo

Blah, blah, blah. not like any middle aged Harley riders I run with Sport
Andyrew
I do that in my car... The revving thing.. Mostly at stop lights. almost straight pipes on my 350.. it sounds radical. I always get thumbs up and major looks when I do it in a semi crowded stop light...

Love that car though!!!
I was driving PCH a few weeks ago in my yellow 914-4,Stopped at a lite and guess what pulls up along side me a Silver Gt. The KID driving this thing looks no older then twenty years old,I give him a thumbs up,He glances over at me and like I am a peice of dog sh%!,Little does he know that I bought the car when I was 18 years old,I owned it for 32 years.He takes off winding it out,Man do they sound neat!! I comment to my wife that was with me,Where do thes kids get all the money !! I bet that car will be wrapped around a phone pole some day...
dbrossi
I spent some time "across the pond" not too long ago and saw a lot of this. I lived in Kensington which is the really fancy part of London and had neighbors younger then I am driving around in 997 C4S's mostly. I used to joke with people that when I'd see a Porsche covered in road grit and dirt poorly taken care of I always got tempted to get an envelope, stick twenty sterling in it and a note that said "For the love of god, wash this!" and put it under one of the wiper blades. Er, Not sure if there's any protocol for where my first post should be, if there is I'll remove this post, but, er hi there 914world!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(dbrossi @ Feb 2 2007, 10:39 PM) *

I spent some time "across the pond" not too long ago and saw a lot of this. I lived in Kensington which is the really fancy part of London and had neighbors younger then I am driving around in 997 C4S's mostly. I used to joke with people that when I'd see a Porsche covered in road grit and dirt poorly taken care of I always got tempted to get an envelope, stick twenty sterling in it and a note that said "For the love of god, wash this!" and put it under one of the wiper blades. Er, Not sure if there's any protocol for where my first post should be, if there is I'll remove this post, but, er hi there 914world!

Nah yer cool.... beerchug.gif
mrhurtalot
i dont like its sound.
John
QUOTE(Hammy @ Feb 2 2007, 05:20 PM) *

That is a very nice car.
Too bad there's just some rich idiot behind the wheel showing off his "Porshe" .

At $400,000 - $500,000 do you expect a poor idiot, or even a CSOB????
914nerd
QUOTE(John @ Feb 3 2007, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Feb 2 2007, 05:20 PM) *

That is a very nice car.

At $400,000 - $500,000 do you expect a poor idiot, or even a CSOB????

Yah, the CSOBs all buy 914s
biggrin.gif
snflupigus
Z,

I have to admit, I'm guilty of scaring people with my exhaust too... but I really am a dick... or maybe its the redneck in me from Iowa... anyway,

here's what your old truck sounds like with the flowmaster instead of the magnaflow, and with the cutout closed, then open, then closed again.

Exhaust Cutout

In the parking garage in tempe, i've been known to open the cutout and then i'm pretty sure people have nearly pissed their drunken asses as I rev'd it up while leaving on a friday or sat night.

one time a guy in a lifted truck pulled up to me at a light and his passenger looked down and said "cute truck" --- I opened the cutout and dropped into 1st gear. smile.gif gone. at the next light, the kid said "sorry, and that was fuckin sweet!"
Porcharu
QUOTE(draperjojo @ Feb 2 2007, 08:02 PM) *

Blah, blah, blah. not like any middle aged Harley riders I run with Sport

You actually ride it? Around hear they all ride in the back of little half ton cheby pickups. One of the guys I worked with built "custom" harleys and didn't even own a helmet or a motorcycle license.
P.s. we have the same DA here in the San Jose area with a Ferrari with no exhaust. It sounds absolutely wicked - makes the hair on my neck stand out. The guy is still an asshole.

These cars don't hold a candle to some our "non club" members nasty V8's
Joe Bob
QUOTE(snflupigus @ Feb 4 2007, 09:20 PM) *

Z,

I have to admit, I'm guilty of scaring people with my exhaust too... but I really am a dick... or maybe its the redneck in me from Iowa... anyway,

here's what your old truck sounds like with the flowmaster instead of the magnaflow, and with the cutout closed, then open, then closed again.

Exhaust Cutout

In the parking garage in tempe, i've been known to open the cutout and then i'm pretty sure people have nearly pissed their drunken asses as I rev'd it up while leaving on a friday or sat night.

one time a guy in a lifted truck pulled up to me at a light and his passenger looked down and said "cute truck" --- I opened the cutout and dropped into 1st gear. smile.gif gone. at the next light, the kid said "sorry, and that was fuckin sweet!"

S'Ok....when ya gonna post a video of you lighting that thing up down the street?

I burned them in front of SKLINE's house with a flat towed 914/6 behind me....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 4 2007, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(snflupigus @ Feb 4 2007, 09:20 PM) *

Z,

Exhaust Cutout

S'Ok....when ya gonna post a video of you lighting that thing up down the street?

I burned them in front of SKLINE's house with a flat towed 914/6 behind me....

his neighbors loved ya... but good show smile.gif

i miss manfred
grantsfo
Man that was funny! biggrin.gif Got to love tinsel town!
snflupigus
i'll see what i can do smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.