Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting wheels under GT flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
OK. Just spent a considerable amount of time searching the forums but did not find the answer I needed. dry.gif Will 15 x 8's w/ 3.75" offset (4 lug pattern if that matters) fit under GT flares? If not why? If so, what is the largest tire size that can be used?
GeorgeRud
I don't know about the offset, but the factory Fuchs in 15x8 fit fine with 225/60/15s for a period correct look on 5 lug cars. I even use 1/4 inch spacers to space mine out to nicely fill in the fender flares.

It also depends on how your flares are mounted. There is some tweeking room left to the bodyman when they're installed.
Aaron Cox
9" fuchs fit under rear gt flares.....
8" upfront no prob...

why stay 4 lug???

3.75" backspacing isnt much.....

stock is 112-120mm depending on fuch width...

and 120mm is 4 23/32"...

your wheels are gonna stick out a whole bunch... WHY not fill it out right?
andys
Steve,

I don't know if you recall the ones on my car, but the rears are 255/40-17 on 993 Cup wheels (55mm + offset w/spacers). They fit, but they are pretty tight.

Andys
Mueller
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 2 2007, 09:27 AM) *

OK. Just spent a considerable amount of time searching the forums but did not find the answer I needed. dry.gif Will 15 x 8's w/ 3.75" offset (4 lug pattern if that matters) fit under GT flares? If not why? If so, what is the largest tire size that can be used?

if the flares are on the car, you can test fit my 4 lug 17x8's with 245/40s...

10 inches wide, 5 inch backspacing....

opps...nix that idea, I read your location as Santa Clara up near me smile.gif
Joe Bob
I ran 245/45s on 8 inch Fuchs with a one inch spacer....had to pinch the lip.....RCH left.
ahdoman
I have an idea for a custom car using a 914. It would require that I install fiberglass flares (rivet on). I would like the car to have a vintage porsche look. Thus I would like to use wheels like this with the porsche nipple hubcaps. The idea is to pull from the older Spyders & Speedsters.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 2 2007, 01:34 PM) *

I have an idea for a custom car using a 914. It would require that I install fiberglass flares (rivet on). I would like the car to have a vintage porsche look. Thus I would like to use wheels like this with the porsche nipple hubcaps. The idea is to pull from the older Spyders & Speedsters.

non optimal offset....

and... spyders and speedsters were wide 5 lug smile.gif (5x205)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.