Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Window Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I've read on here that it has been done and was wondering what type of motors did you use and how were they installed?
dagdal1967
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:19 AM) *

I've read on here that it has been done and was wondering what type of motors did you use and how were they installed?

Try looking at these threads...

one
two

Both Dr Evil and Chris have done it, and Chris put together a kit (which I bought).

The base kit was a SPAL (#33000030) (Look here)

I've yet to install mine, but I have talked to others who have and they loved the kit and it worked well.

Doug
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:19 AM) *

there is a kit made in Italy. We ordered one for a guy several months ago. Maybe if you are interested you could e mail me personally and I will send you a pic of it.
tracks914
So I guess nobody has pulled something out of a Sunfire or Golf or something like that to make it work???
jim_hoyland
Having just gone through this; I will recommend going to the Summit Racing Web Page. Look for the universal power window kit, it's made by AutoLoc.I think they are like $90

I just completed the installation and really like it.
Pat Garvey
Why add the weight for something that takes 3-4 cranks to open? What am I missing here - it's part of the period!

Now that we're talking about "updates" where can I get a setup for traction control and an in-dash Nav system?
So.Cal.914
Pat why do we do alot of the things we do.

* 911 front suspension

* 911 rotors, calipers and MC

* Built engines W/ carbs

* Aftermarket rims & wide low pro tires

* Quick shifts and small dia. stearing wheels

* Racing seats and 5 point belts

* And stuttgart crests

Why? Cause we can and it makes us happy. Enjoy what you have and have

what you enjoy.

davep
I have a set that came out of a 914 if you want. This one replaces the winder handle with a motor, a real bolt-on solution.
scotty b
[quote name='Pat Garvey' date='Feb 3 2007, 07:12 PM' post='858333']
Why add the weight for something that takes 3-4 cranks to open? What am I missing here - it's part of the period!

HHMmmmmm cause we're not you poke.gif 3-4 cranks to put up/down.....45 min to put back in the track x twice a week = 72 hours per year LOST to fixing early model reg's, that time could be spent driving the car!!.....Seriously, Pat I restore cars for a living and appreciate your passion for originality, BUT why do you always come down on people for "modernizing" their cars? It is their car not yours and quite frankly most of the mods ARE REVERSIBLE!! I for one do quite a bit of modding to improve on the less desirable features of my cars ie. early window regulators. Power windows seems like a no-brainer solution to the pop-out problem. Hi-jack over.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.