Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT .. anyone else freezin their a$$ off ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doper
just check the thermo outside .. 3 degrees and and a WC of -15 ... guess I wont be workin on the teener today .. crap ...
jim912928
mine is frozen here in Wisconsin!...6 degrees when I ventured out an hour ago.
rfuerst911sc
It's 58 degrees outside man I can't work in this cold weather!!!! Sorry guys for Orlando this is about as cold as it gets. Periodic cold down to 30's but very rare. Hang in there.
So.Cal.914
It's about 75 but we have a (WC) cool breeze.
doper
well tomorrows looking way better ... -2 with a wc of -25 ... man I think a BBQ is in order ...
iamchappy
It's warmed up to -7 here today, much nicer out now than this morning, when it was really, really cold.
doper
They .. (weather people) are saying it could be the coldest cold snap in decades .. well ... I cant wait ... think I'll pull a dick bacon (local legend) and get the lawn chair out and do some sun tanning .. till my lower unit freezes off .. the oil companies gotta love this ...
Joe Bob
I wore socks this morning with my shorts and flip flops......cleaned out the crap in the garage. Waiting on my new 58 356 coupe....
Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 3 2007, 02:17 PM) *

I wore socks this morning with my shorts and flip flops......cleaned out the crap in the garage.

agree.gif
Shorts and a t-shirt here.
doper
I'm so happy my great-grandparents settled here ... but then again I could move right ? and leave the garagmahal ? no way!
Crazyhippy
i took the top off my car this AM after hockey, drove around all day, and never got cold... Sunshine is good biggrin.gif

BJH
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 3 2007, 12:47 PM) *

It's warmed up to -7 here today, much nicer out now than this morning, when it was really, really cold.

agree.gif I was in the metro today. Didn't stay long. Too cooooldddd!

-11 this morning when I left the driveway. The Bimmer didn't start! dry.gif It alwas starts.. sad.gif

-16 right now aND DROPPING! WIND CHILL -39!

THEIR PREDICTING -24 with -40 WIND CHILL TOMORROW!
jim912928
My dog won't even go all the way out to pee....he steps two paws out in the driveway and let's it go...runs right back in! lmao
Trevorg7
It was 35 when I teed off at 0730 this morning. 60 When I finished and the high was 67 and sunny - great day!

T
So.Cal.914
You are a hearty group I must say anything under 70 and I am (((((shivering)))))

no really. But I can go out in 120+ degree weather for hours, used to work in it

all day. Just depends on what your used to I guess.
cantley914
Cold ???

No, yesterday was a beautiful day.
Went fishing all day
The sun was great but it was windy.
Had only one bite all day.

Did I mention there was over 12" of ice on the river ???

Oh well hopefully they will bite more in 2 weeks for the tournament. !

Spring is coming soooooooooooooon

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Steph
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:27 AM) *

Cold ???

Went fishing all day

Steph

I am no expert in cold weather fishing, but I think you would have had alot

more bites if you put the bate under the ice. smile.gif
iamchappy
Good morning all I hope I find you all warm and toasty.
cantley914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:34 AM) *

Cold ???

Went fishing all day

Steph

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I didn't see this one coming ! Good one though !
But yeah I had 17 tippers and the bait was actually near the bottom . Just happened that fish wasn't there or hungry.

martinef1963
We're trying to stay dry in Miami this Superbowl Sunday - it's raining and not cold at all.

We are year round shorts & flip-flop type down here.... rocking nana.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:34 AM) *

Cold ???

Went fishing all day

Steph

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I didn't see this one coming ! Good one though !
But yeah I had 17 tippers and the bait was actually near the bottom . Just happened that fish wasn't there or hungry.

Ha, Ha that was a really good one. You sent your Canadian cold weather to MI. I just don't know how you live through these winter months. When I started my car this morning it was -1 degrees. Please keep your cold weather in Canada, eah.

Tom
wbergtho
Hey Chappy,

I might go out for a run today! The skies are blue...the sun is out...Well, OK, It's -15 and 40+ below windchill idea.gif ...maybe I'll just run on the treadmill today. biggrin.gif Holy shit I hate this weather...and my grandparents for settling here! huh.gif
iamchappy
Bill,
Im glad my garage is warm. I am plumbing in all my vacuum lines and intakes, I have to figure out were I am going to weld a few bungs for vacuum lines and my 7th injector.
I may not need the 7th injector at all, but if I plan on boosting 1 bar or a little above it might be a nice safety feature. I tested and set my pressure switch to 10lbs to fire the injector but will most likely set it at 12lbs. if needed.
Spring is almost upon us I wish the guys at the body shop would finish up with the car.
wbergtho
Chappy,

I thought it was out of the body shop? Guess not. You'll be busy putting everything together so you can drive it to NM???
iamchappy
Thats the plan A-bomb rumble, The cars in primer so it is only a matter of time before they finish it up.
I had my interior reupholstered in black leather and have picked up a few goodies that I will have to install. When I remove my trailing arms to put in the needle bearings in I think I will fabricate the Ebrake drum setup so I still have a few things that will keep me busy putting it back together.
I may tow the car there and bring Ollie with.
wbergtho
That sounds like a good plan. Let me know if you'd like any help..I just might have a bit of free time here and there. I'd like to see this beast running soon!
smontanaro
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Feb 4 2007, 09:56 AM) *

We are year round shorts & flip-flop type down here.... rocking nana.gif

Doesn't that just mean you have to spend a whole buncha money on plastic surgery so you look good in public? I just add layers. Nobody can tell how chunky I am... biggrin.gif

Not as cold as MN, but it ain't balmy in Chicago either...

Click to view attachment

Skip

P.S. Go Bears!

P.P.S. Minimal 914 content: I started the /6 up a few days ago. Didn't go anywhere, just let it get warm...
tracks914
-48 with the wind chill factor today!!!!
High expected of only -27 without the wind chill factor.
Spent 7 hours this morning working on the car...indoors.
davep
Yeah, now THAT is chilly.
Heeltoe914
Well please dont hate me but its 77 In most of So Cal, I just got back from a short run with shorts on and the garage is saying lets get some work done on cars during the Superbowl. But as we all know the cost of living here in So Cal $$$$$. but good whether. huh.gif
woobn8r
-14 C in sunny southern Ontario (Newmarket) sans wind chill....

Off to go eat Chilli, drink Beer.... and watch the COLTS become CHAMPS!

Gee, last year at Super bowl I was enjoying Orlando weather while Pittsburgh rocked.....

Sean
iamchappy
Anything colder than -20 feels the same and equally painful, windchill factor of - 40 or more is no joke, it is truly painful and it takes your breath away. You can experience throat closer where your lungs would not allow that freezing air in!
ClayPerrine
Last week it was in the 20s.... today it was up to 55 degrees and sunny.

Unlike the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, we actually get seasons. But winter doesn't last very long at all! And we don't have the high cost of living either.

alfred.gif
doper
do you realize it can warm up 50 degrees (wc) and still be below freezing? Man I just finished a killer bowl of chilli stirthepot.gif .. now its back to hang my head .. Chicago better not win .. I'm a cheese head thru and thru I could never live down all the trash talk over the years .. confused24.gif
doper
ok heres a good one .. you southern folks dont under stand why us northerners keep our beer in the cooler when we go ice fishing right ? well its to keep the beer from freezing rocking nana.gif av-943.gif There isnt anything worse then reachin' for a cold one and its frozen ... you open it and the damn thing foams over .. kinda like a poor mans beer bong drunk.gif boldblue.gif
Crazyhippy
76* expected here tommorrow... Keeps the beer from freezing, and it's much more refreshing when it's not witches tit cold outside

biggrin.gif BJH biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.