Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil cooler plumbing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,
I know how to mount the cooler, run the line , filter etc.

What I need to know is the best school of thought on running the plumbing to the motor...
use a sandwich plate to the oil filter?
Use a modifed oil pump?

All of this on stock cooling tin in a 914.

Please show a pic of how you like it, and why it flows better etc...

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 3 2007, 01:04 PM) *

use a sandwich plate to the oil filter?

the sandwich plate works just fine for most applications ...

what is the use of the car? full blow race? DE and TT? spirited street & AX? stock?
idea.gif Andy
r_towle
street autox, but its a 2.6 liter/4....so it will get warm

I am planning on polishing the inside of the air fan area to speed up the flow, and pay special attention to all the gaskets etc...to make sure that system is really doing all it can.

Eventually this will have the DTM shroud in the beatster...till then it will be in the 914..

Rich
r_towle
boldblue.gif any other possible suggestions???
groot
Hey, Rich,

I've run 3 different configurations on my car......

-First was using the stock cooler location and replacing the cooler with an adapter plate (a pain to get the oil lines routed around the dizzy, but functionally okay)
-Second, I replaced the filter with an adapter to get the oil out (worked fine)
-Third (and hopefully final) dry sump pump from CB performance... lines come out of the pump (works fine), pump's inexpensive, but as you know the dry sump tank is not

You can make any of these work with little difficulty.
Joe Bob
If I remember rightly....sometimes using the sandwhich adapter and Fram or other tall filters...you have fitment issues with the filter hitting the engine cross bar.

This was on a 2.0/4 side shifter setup. So....use the correct filters or a remote filter set up. Or both....
Aaron Cox
i run a MOCAL thermostat controlled sandwich plate. then -10 lines all the way to the front of the car.

works great.

mike is right. it lowers the filter about an inch. i notched the engine bar just a tad to make it easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.