Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911quest
Hey just wanted to show my new 914/6 got it last weekend it's been sitting since @ 1981 it has 40k original miles It's my third 914 well here she is
iamchappy
Very nice, I only wish you had snapped the picture before the earth quake.
Pat Garvey
Wait a minute - I'm from KY & they don't have earthquakes. When it settles down, I'd sure like to see some add'l pics.
911quest
It was to cold to be taking pictures outside with my crappy digital camera oh well
Dr. Roger
great looking car.

i sold andyrew a set of those exact wheels. =-)

there you go andrew. thats what they will look like. LOL
Andyrew
Ewww

I'll paint them black.

biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Nice Score! clap56.gif
Zimms
Nice find Tony! Are you still thinking of going to Sebring?

Mark
So.Cal.914
He's had it one week and its already on jack stands, a true teener. biggrin.gif

Nice car.
911quest
Already have the motor out and disassembled for rebuild, calipers off for cleaning and rebuild,

Not sure if were going to make it to Sebring this year you going down again, hows the 73 coming along?
Allan
Excellent looking car... aktion035.gif
Zimms
QUOTE(911quest @ Feb 4 2007, 11:56 AM) *

Already have the motor out and disassembled for rebuild, calipers off for cleaning and rebuild,

Not sure if were going to make it to Sebring this year you going down again, hows the 73 coming along?

It's coming along slowly, but mostly due to work and not a lotof time to spend on it. I picked up another 73 as a parts car/learning lesson, and have that stripped to the suspension. The white one has the interior out, and I plan on stripping it to nothing, and starting from the ground up. I picked up some flares from AA and hope to have them on by summer.

I am going to Sebring, but I think just for Saturday.

Mark
xitspd
Congrates!

Dan
theol00
concratulations - that is a fine looking automobile - love white with flares
Mueller
QUOTE(911quest @ Feb 4 2007, 08:56 AM) *

A 914 owner I can relate to...already taking the car apart smash.gif biggrin.gif

Johny Blackstain
40k mi? Looks like an excellent score! Well done! cool_shades.gif
type47
what's the VIN?
rwjames
Nice looking car. Good to hear you are jumping right into it and getting it going. Now if we can get Chuck's six on the road it again it would be great.

Good luck and keep us updated on the engine build.

Rich

mueba.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif
PinetreePorsche
Looks like a keeper! Why did it get hidden in a time warp? Did the po die and the heirs fight about it? --or did the widow let it go because you showed up with $500? Seriously, how did you find it after its long sequestration, word of mouth, or just an ad? And where? And if it's not top secret, can you share your buying price, and make us envious either of you for the good score, or the po for the windfall received? Or if it is top secret, tell us how many figures in the price. Just curious, even if not properly polite.
911quest
The cars pretty well know of around here it was owned by a Porsche tech in town he bought it in 74 it was his Auto cross car he raced it for about five years put the flairs on it bought all the parts to build a 2.5 and life just kinda happened twenty+ years later he is moving out west so he kinda was looking for someone to rebuild the car bring it back to life so one thing led to another and he found me worthy enough to purchase his baby it was a pretty emotional day for him last weekend.

The price was good it came with all the parts for the 2.5 it has Scheel buckets old harnesses and some other parts.

911quest
Rich we got Chuck's motor out now he needs to figure what he is going to do with it
rwjames
Chuck needs to perfom a complete tear-down and rebuild in my opinion. That was my plan. When I sold it to him, I told him I didn't know much history on the engine, but was told it may have low compression on a cylinder and that is why it was parked for 15 years with 47,000 miles on it. The P.O. reportedly drove it hard and put it up wet.

It would be cool if you both had your sixes running for the Bluegrass 914 event if it happens this spring.

I looked at 3 914-6's at Auto Atlanta Saturday ranging from $19,500 up to $35,000. The cheapest one isn't as complete and nice as Chuck's car. I don't know what you paid for your's, but I'm sure you can assure your significant other that you stole it.
911quest
Type47 the vin #9140432060 is there a 914/6 registry?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(911quest @ Feb 5 2007, 09:39 PM) *

Type47 the vin #9140432060 is there a 914/6 registry?

Yes there is: http://www.stazak.com/914reg/default.asp
cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.