Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring question on a 1.8 l-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
One branch of the L-Jet ignition harness goes to the left side of a dual relay. What is the funciton of:
Yellow
Red/Black
Black
r_towle
if you show me a pic, I will go out in the freezing cold barn and tell you what it does...

Rich
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 3 2007, 09:38 PM) *

One branch of the L-Jet ignition harness goes to the left side of a dual relay. What is the funciton of:
Yellow
Red/Black
Black

Yellow - Goes to the 4 pin connection on the left rear of the relay board. Used to close the fuel pump portion of the relay when the starter is engaged.

Red/Black - comes from the double relay, goes to pin 12 on the 12 pin engine harness connector. This is the same pin where the white wire for the aux air regulator on the D-jet connects. It sends the power back to the fuel pump circuit from the double relay.

There are 2 black wires. One goes to the positive side of the coil (probably the one you are thinking of) and the other goes to the negative side of the coil.

Hope that helps.
jim_hoyland
Thanks Clay.
I know where that yellow wire jumps.

I'm in the process of rebuiling a harness from a donar.

Jim

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 3 2007, 08:58 PM) *

Yellow
Red/Black
Black

Yellow - Goes to the 4 pin connection on the left rear of the relay board. Used to close the fuel pump portion of the relay when the starter is engaged.

Red/Black - comes from the double relay, goes to pin 12 on the 12 pin engine harness connector. This is the same pin where the white wire for the aux air regulator on the D-jet connects. It sends the power back to the fuel pump circuit from the double relay.

There are 2 black wires. One goes to the positive side of the coil (probably the one you are thinking of) and the other goes to the negative side of the coil.

Hope that helps.

ClayPerrine
We are reinstalling the L-Jet FI back onto Doug's car on Sat. I will get someone to take some detailed shots of the harness for you.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 4 2007, 09:05 AM) *

Thanks Clay.

Jim

Yellow
Red/Black
Black

Hope that helps.

jim_hoyland
Thanks. Shoot one showing the bottom of the dual relay too.

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 4 2007, 11:18 AM) *

We are reinstalling the L-Jet FI back onto Doug's car on Sat. I will get someone to take some detailed shots of the harness for you.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 4 2007, 09:05 AM) *

Thanks Clay.

Jim

Yellow
Red/Black
Black

Hope that helps.

jim_hoyland
Been looking at my dual relay wiring; couple of questions:

1. Is the yellow hot only during starting and sending power to the red/black ?

2. Is the red/black hot during normal operation ?

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 7 2007, 08:35 PM) *

Been looking at my dual relay wiring; couple of questions:

1. Is the yellow hot only during starting and sending power to the red/black ?

2. Is the red/black hot during normal operation ?

Yellow is only hot when the starter is engaged.

Red/Black is hot any time the key is on.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.