Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody got a Aluminum 6 case?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I'm tired of dealing with Mag cases. So I'm now looking for an aluminum 60's 911 6 cylinder case. Anyone out there? I will have my collection of mag cases for sale soon.

T.C.
BigD9146gt
you'll have a better chance going after the SC & Carrera aluminum cases, plus the oil pumps and other upgrades are standard. (that is unless you are running in a specific class that limits you to the early stuff)
Martin Baker
What year case are you looking for? I have an early 2.0 case. 901/16 911T 1969
Martin Baker
Here is a photo...
Lightweight_911
Isn't that a mag case ?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Feb 4 2007, 02:31 PM) *

you'll have a better chance going after the SC & Carrera aluminum cases, plus the oil pumps and other upgrades are standard.

true enough - but all '74+ cases have cylinder spigot holes too big for 2,0-2,2 cylinders...
boxstr
Are the 914-6 cases alu or mag?
CCL
sixnotfour
Mag, Craig what is the serial number on yours ? I know 2 people looking for close to their cardex number cases.
boxstr
Call me on monday it is at CAMP.
CCL
sixnotfour
Will Do.
Here is a sandcast with defining fins on the bottom. I got from Slits had a nice protective grease coating and cleaned up very nice,
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 4 2007, 08:21 PM) *

Are the 914-6 cases alu or mag?

mag alloy cases started late '67 - early '68
911quest
I have a 73.5 7R case it's Mag but it is the strongest of the Mag case and can be used with up to 2.4 pistons with out any machine work
carr914
I have gone through 2 - 7R cases that after machine work still have problems, so I'm looking for a 65 to 67 aluminum case, should have a # 901/01, to 901/05 I think.

T.C.
jasons
There was one on ebay, ended last week. It didn't sell, contact the guy and make an offer.

Aluminum Case ebay Auction
brant
911quest,

are you going to sell your 73.5 case?
I'm vaguely looking for one.

brant
xitspd
I agree with early 60's aluminum cases. I built a small engine with 38mm intake and exhaust ports, 906 cams, counter balanced knifed edged crank and so on, it was bullet proof....

Dan
sixnotfour
That Ebay case is rare as it has all provisions for the later chain housings.(last ones of the run)
Remember to update an alum case , approx.
450.00 piston squirters
100.00 oil bypass plus parts
300.00 layshft bearing upgrade
(if you dont get layshaft or journals are bad)
Because they are early they dont share some of the upgrades that are standard(squirters,layshaft bearings) on say the 2.4 4-5R-7R case. ( 2.4 needs oil bypass upgrade)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.