Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 Throttle body vacuum advance fitting location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ScooterD
I have a latter throttle body with the secondary spring that I would like to add the fitting to. A previous thread described more than one location(on center with the boss and above center). Could someone please make an accurate measurement above the closed throttle plate for the through hole and the actual size of the hole on an original '73 unit?
Much appreciated,
ScooterD clap56.gif
Bleyseng
Its the boss that already there. Drill a 3.5mm bit 'bout 1/4" into it, then the tinyest bit you can find for the thruhole. Tap in a short piece of tube steel thats 'bout 4mm for the port.
Bleyseng
here, look clap56.gif
Demick
Measurement is 37.5mm as shown in the picture. Note that the hole doesn't end up being centered on the boss - but I checked some throttle bodies that had it from the factory and this is where the advance port was located.

The hole that goes all the way thorough into the throttle body is very small - I don't remember how big, but probably around .040" dia. So first drill the small hole, and then use a larger drill sized for the tubing that you will insert into it. The larger hole goes deep enough to hold the inserted tube. 2nd picture shows a view inside the hole I drilled and you can see the smaller hole that makes it through to the throttle body.

Hope that helps.

Demick
ScooterD
Still looking for a definitive answer. I only have one chance at drilling the hole in the right place. Doesn't anybody have an original '73 throttle body they could measure?
Thanks,
ScooterD confused24.gif
ScooterD
Sorry,
Demick posted the response as I was writing the last post looking for an answer.
Thanks Demick!
Bleyseng
my extra 73 throttle body so you can see its centered on the boss. The thru hole is TINY and right above the throttle valve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.