Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Strut Inserts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Okay, I've got Boge struts from a 1974 911 that I'm putting on my 914 for a 5 lug upgrade but they need inserts and I'm looking at a pair of Bilstein HD shocks from a 911. Would those be too stiff for a street car? I'm thinking I've read that 911 shocks are valved for a different load and putting them on a 914 would result in a less than desireable ride especially for the street.

Opinions pleezz!
Kev
Aaron Cox
A or M calipers? (3 or 3.5" spacing?)

i run 914 koni's in my 73 911 boge struts with 3" spacing.....

eric shea knows about later housings with early inserts..as do the guys at paragon.

i believe there is a magic adapter/centering ring ive read about for this....

someone may know
Aaron Cox
Oh... and I prefer bilstein sports over HD
kconway
Aaron, they are M calipers that Eric is rebuilding for me. The inserts are for Boge struts, are there more than one type of Boge strut? Are the HD's adustable as I'm looking for a softer ride.
Kev
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Feb 4 2007, 09:18 PM) *

A or M calipers? (3 or 3.5" spacing?)

i run 914 koni's in my 73 911 boge struts with 3" spacing.....

eric shea knows about later housings with early inserts..as do the guys at paragon.

i believe there is a magic adapter/centering ring ive read about for this....

someone may know

Aaron Cox
bilsteins arent adjustable.

if they are M housings.. you can put 914 inserts in them.

spring for koni reds if you want adjustability. they go from caddy soft... to pretty stiff. Koni Yellows are even stiffer.....
kconway
The deal is this:
bought the struts from some douche bag that claimed it had Koni sports that were good. When they arrived, one was leaking all over and was crap the other looks okay. Found another set with ~ 5K miles on them for $100 but they're Bilstein HD's. I've got a new set of Bils and 140# springs in the rear. Wondering if these HD's are the right choice for my car.

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Feb 4 2007, 09:30 PM) *

bilsteins arent adjustable.

if they are M housings.. you can put 914 inserts in them.

spring for koni reds if you want adjustability. they go from caddy soft... to pretty stiff. Koni Yellows are even stiffer.....

Aaron Cox
worst case you pull em and sell em for 95 smile.gif
its all preference....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.