Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Putting some oil lines with AN fittings to the front cooler anyways to test before installing so as no leaky .Or just go for it with no worries?
spunone
OK I got it I'll just put my finger on one end and blow into the other and listen for a leak chairfall.gif av-943.gif poke.gif any other thoughts??
john rogers
There are two schools of thought about this. One is to hook everything together and run compressed air in at about 100# or so and check for leaks. But then when you break them apart the flared nut connection could leak when you put them in the car. So that leads to number two, just put everything in, tighten it all up and fire up the engine and hope there are no leanks and fix any that show up. I would think the hoses are one piece from the engine to the cooler and back so there are only a very few joints that can leak anyways.

A bigger concern is get the lines flushed and clean and then make sure nothing gets inside when installaing into the car.
spunone
Looks like we be putting them in the car with fingers crossed and squirting some brake cleaner and air hose to clean out before hand . Thanks John
TimT
I made up a set of caps with schrader valves..Ive built hundreds of lines and cant remember ever having one leak..Don't even really use the gizmo I made much anymore

like this

Click to view attachment
Crazyhippy
Someone makes them already like that too.. Speedway or Slummit have them i believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.