Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ipod, Nano, nano user help.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I just broke down and bought an IPOD NANO, NANO...anyways...I see it has an internal battery....is there a kit for 12v charging and interface with my auto stereo(s)?

I have more than a few cars.... aktion035.gif
Crazyhippy
yeah, lots of FM modulator kits... and cig adapters to power them.

I have one, Kim has one, She runs through an FM mod, and i use a tape adapter (technology be damned)

BJH
jgara962
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 5 2007, 08:40 AM) *

I just broke down and bought an IPOD NANO, NANO...anyways...I see it has an internal battery....is there a kit for 12v charging and interface with my auto stereo(s)?

Monster and Belkin both make kits that charge the battery and use radio signals to transmit through your car stereo. The wife has one for her car and it works pretty well.
spunone
Yeah you'll spend more for all the add on stuff then the i-pod LOL
hmeeder
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 5 2007, 08:40 AM) *

Sure Mike,

In fact there's a ton of different charging.interface systems depending on your needs. Sounds like you may be looking for a charger with FM transmitter unit so you can easily move from car to car. About 2/3 of the way down this link Ipod Accessoriesare some options. After finding something you like, do a search on Amazon for the same thing and I bet you might find it cheaper. I think one of the less expensive sites for ipods is pcconnection.com

anthony
Search here:

http://www.ilounge.com/

They do reviews on ipod accessories.
brer
Mike, there is a hacked Blaupunkt cable that you can use to plug into vintage Blaupunkt stereos. The funny 9 pin port on the back of old Frankfurts and such, the one used for cassettes and SW, that's the ticket.
jd74914
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Feb 5 2007, 11:47 AM) *

yeah, lots of FM modulator kits... and cig adapters to power them.

I have one, Kim has one, She runs through an FM mod, and i use a tape adapter (technology be damned)

BJH

I like the tape adapters best laugh.gif All of the FM modulators I've used haven't worked very well at all.
Joe Bob
Thanks for the suggestions.....since I won the office SuperBowl football pool...something like $500+, I'm gonna replace the Alpine CD and the trunk mounted six disc matching unit and replace it with an Ipod compatible Pioneer unit/bluetooth capable (handsfree cell) set up in the Lil Winky car.

Anyone want the Alpine set up? The trade in is worth like $250. Works perfect....I just don't wanna screw with CDs any more.

Nice suprise at the coffee pot this morning when I heard about it...I didn't get the numbers as I don't work Fridays....I've had worse Mondays....
DerekKim
Yeah IMO FM mod. do not work worth beans. Unless you just want sound playing. The quality is drastically cut down. I like aux inputs the best. My mom got a Honda Element and it has the aux right in the dash. It's wonderful!
Jenny
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Feb 5 2007, 09:59 AM) *

I like aux inputs the best. My mom got a Honda Element and it has the aux right in the dash. It's wonderful!

agree.gif Aux inputs are the way to go. I have an adaptor that goes from the charging dealy on the bottom of the ipod directly to an aux input. Sounds much better than an FM transmitter or the tape deck. Got it for 5 bucks at Computer Surplus. I'll snap a pic tonight and post it.

Jen
Eric_Shea
Monster brought out a new wireless one that charges at this NAMM show.

I'm going to try to score a couple of those...

My 4G is packed with 735 songs right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.