Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any info or pics on the Silverseries 75 model?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Bleyseng
I read about the "Silverseries" the "book". It had silvermetallic paint, velour seats, swaybars, Mahle rims etc that were sourced out of the partsbins.
Gustl
there's hardly any more info on the Silverseries that in "the book"

I know a guy in Germany who has one

his car is still waiting for restoration
Gustl
and here's a letter from Porsche Classic

it's the reply to an other german guy's question about his car

the only interesting part of the text is marked red
it translates to:

According to our files we built about 142 cars of the so called "Silverseries".
After your car there were 63 more units delivered in Germany. (*)

(*) my guess: he's refering to the VIN

wavey.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
So they are even more rare than the LE, hmmm. Well, atleast Porsche says there were 142 made!
Pat Garvey
Now you have me curious!

How about more info on the making/marketing of this 914. When/where?
Pat
Bleyseng
Hierzulande werden allenfalls noch Exemplare der sogenannten "Silberseri" von 1975 angeboten, die zum Ende der Produktion in begrenzter Stuckzahl vom 2 liter modell (100 fahrzeuge für die Bundesrepublik) aufgelegt wurde.Wie der name bereits vermuten läßt waren die wager allesamt silbermetallic lackiert. Zudem hatte man den "Silberlingen" wiederum viele etras-wie colorverglasung und velourteppiche sowie Mahle-leichtmetallfelgen und stabilisatoren-spendiert.Wie es heute heißt stimmte die konfiguration nicht immer überein. Verbaut wurde "so ein ehemaliger Mitarbeiter der VG" alles was noch am lager war.
page 100 Das Grosse VW-Porsche Buch

In this country ones are offered if necessary still copies to the so-called “silver series” of 1975, to the end of production in limited number of items by 2 litres the model (100 vehicles for the German Republic) one presented. As the name to already assume leaves was more wager all together silvermetallic painted. Besides one had the “Silverseries” again many extras like tintedglass and velourseatcovers as well as Mahle light alloy wheels and sway bars.Like it today did not agree the configuration is called. “Such a former coworker of the VG” of everything was blocked which still at the camp was.
a bad tranlation

So only 42 were exported to the USA.
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 7 2007, 05:56 PM) *

So only 42 were exported to the USA.

I don't think so idea.gif

these cars were also offered in France, Italy, Austria, ...

so => 42 cars for all other countries than Germany cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
Can you fix my translation? So this was mainly a European model?
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 7 2007, 09:21 PM) *
Can you fix my translation?

let's try it ... with a more free translation
-----
At best, in this Country will be offered cars of the so called "Silverseries" from 1975, which were made in a limited number of 2.0 Liter cars at the end of the production (100 cars for Germany). As the name leads to assume, all these cars were painted silvermetallic. In addition, these cars were optioned out very well - like tinded glass and pile type carpet as well as Mahle alloys and sway bars.
As we know today, the car configuration wasn't identically at all. A former employee of the VG said: "we installed everything we had in stock"
-----

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 7 2007, 09:21 PM) *
So this was mainly a European model?

to be honest, I don't know
but if 100 cars from 142 were delivered in Germany - I'd say yes

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.