Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield to cowl gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
And the monkey said, no that is just a little Ice cream!

but that is the last of the funny here. Does anybody have or know where to buy one of these blasted seals? Dave @ GPR can't help, so I belive that AA is out as well, and the Bird doesnt have it either.

I am really close to just glueing it back in and sell all the 914s a getting a Boxster. I am sick of not being able to get parts...

I need the targa seal as well. This just tweeking my brain! ACK! alfred.gif
Bleyseng
HPH had them for me last year
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have them here.
Bleyseng
George, I have to tell you your online catalog is really tough to find anything on.

I use partpricer to locate parts then link to your site. Too much scrolling thru pages on your site.
PelicanParts has one of best in my opinion
2-OH!
I second that...Too hard to find anything...

2-OH!

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 5 2007, 01:00 PM) *

George, I have to tell you your online catalog is really tough to find anything on.

I use partpricer to locate parts then link to your site. Too much scrolling thru pages on your site.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Feb 5 2007, 01:11 PM) *

I second that...Too hard to find anything...

2-OH!

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 5 2007, 01:00 PM) *

we are in the process of doing a vast overhaul for the last six months! Just you wait!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Here is our man Jason's latest on the site:

Hey guys, I’m the one who’s behind the day-to-day of the website.

I’ve been working feverishly on making the website easier to navigate, the current setup is difficult to navigate but when the site was built that was the best available. Now, however, I’m tasked with going back through and coming up with a simpler site. We’re in the middle of a switch to a dynamic site, but within the limitations of static html I have been testing several javascripts that should help out.

The current test setup, while not perfect, I think is vastly superior to clicking one page at a time. If you browse to http://autoatlanta.com/model/porsche914parts.html and look in the middle you’ll see “Porsche 914 Hardparts Diagram Parts/Pages NEW!” Go ahead a select your year then wait about 30 seconds (broadband) while the page loads. It will look like the page is completely loaded, but it may take a few more moments for all of the ‘hidden’ images to load. Once complete, you can select your section from the top navigation then simply put your mouse over an image to get an exploded view. Use this to find the section for the part you’re looking for, then just click to be taken to that page.

If you move your mouse over an image and don’t get a larger view, wait a few more moments. I’m working on a page-loader script to make the entire page load seamlessly, so please consider this a beta section.

Jason Humphrey
Automobile Atlanta
Ph: 800-792-4944 ext. 11
Fax: 770-424-6833
dinomium
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 12:52 PM) *

we have them here.

Are these the rubber only or the improved with metal and the correct length?

I thought that you and GPR were sharing these days...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 5 2007, 01:54 PM) *

we have them here.

the fender dividers we have made for a long time and dave and we are sharing yes but we do not have supply enough to cover his 100 plus order of them so we are holding them for retail until our next run is made (right after the windshield top seals!!!) (yeah dr 914 I will believe that one when I see it!!)
Anyway the cowl seals never had metal in them. They are a slight bit longer than the correct length to allow for shrinkage.
If you would prefer to order from dave just place your order and we will drop ship.
By the way Dave is really physically hurting (his back) so when you call please feel a bit sorry for him. He is in great pain, but you know Dave. Never lets anyone know!!!!!!!!
Bleyseng
ok, where in the catalog is the new ebrake support?
burton73
Well the web page is much better that the disk that came in the mail. I am a Mac guy. I saw a Mac on George’s desk so I know you must of tested it out. My wife wants to know if you have a life having 914 people call you at any hour with tech. questions?

Bob
dinomium
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 5 2007, 01:54 PM) *

we have them here.

the fender dividers we have made for a long time and dave and we are sharing yes but we do not have supply enough to cover his 100 plus order of them so we are holding them for retail until our next run is made (right after the windshield top seals!!!) (yeah dr 914 I will believe that one when I see it!!)
Anyway the cowl seals never had metal in them. They are a slight bit longer than the correct length to allow for shrinkage.
If you would prefer to order from dave just place your order and we will drop ship.
By the way Dave is really physically hurting (his back) so when you call please feel a bit sorry for him. He is in great pain, but you know Dave. Never lets anyone know!!!!!!!!

Dave is great and has always gone out of his way to be helpful! I know that he has been hurting since before Christmas... He needs to take some time off to heal. Since I pinged him to begin with, Dr, I will call him tomorrow and go from there. Thanks for the responses...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:51 PM) *

Well the web page is much better that the disk that came in the mail. I am a Mac guy. I saw a Mac on George’s desk so I know you must of tested it out. My wife wants to know if you have a life having 914 people call you at any hour with tech. questions?

Bob

No life! She is right. But a 914 life is a great life! Please tell her that because I am the chief 914 enthusiast I have devoted my life to the car! I still after all of these years, get such great enjoyment from restoring driving and showing 914s while selling parts and giving tech advice to fellow enthusiasts!
I only had twenty two tech calls sunday! What gives??
burton73
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 05:04 PM) *

Bob

No life! She is right. But a 914 life is a great life! Please tell her that because I am the chief 914 enthusiast I have devoted my life to the car! I still after all of these years, get such great enjoyment from restoring driving and showing 914s while selling parts and giving tech advice to fellow enthusiasts!

Super Bowl Sunday. She wants to know if you have a wife and kids. We have 4. You are the same age as me.

Bob Burton
tyler
About 2 months ago I bought one from AA - it was too short and didn't fit well so I had to return it. I bought an OEM one from a place I don't usually buy from but it came in like 2 days and fit great. I hate to admit it but I think I paid about $100 for it. With a new dash and new windshield I couldn't afford to have a junk rubber making it look bad.
If you haven't got it yet, let me know and I'll look up where I bought it.
Which Targa rubber do you need?

==========
QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 5 2007, 11:47 AM) *

And the monkey said, no that is just a little Ice cream!

but that is the last of the funny here. Does anybody have or know where to buy one of these blasted seals? Dave @ GPR can't help, so I belive that AA is out as well, and the Bird doesnt have it either.

I am really close to just glueing it back in and sell all the 914s a getting a Boxster. I am sick of not being able to get parts...

I need the targa seal as well. This just tweeking my brain! ACK! alfred.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 05:04 PM) *

Bob

Super Bowl Sunday. She wants to know if you have a wife and kids. We have 4. You are the same age as me.

Bob Burton

I was doing the laundry all day sunday! (many polishing rags and washing towels used to clean the mgb gt the jag xke otc the 60 roadster and the 60 cab, after moving them to my new house i the rain!!!!!!
Yes Mia and the two kids stuff too! And I vacuum and clean up! (she says that I don't know how to stack a proper dishwasher though!)(I say she should be happy that I stack it at all!!!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.