Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Tires for BMW 325i
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
All,

It is time to get new tires for my 2002 325. The car is just a daily driver, so I don't need anything super high performance. What I am looking for is a set of tires that will be good year round, rather than having a seperate set of winter tires. Any experience and advice?

Thanks
iamchappy
I think for the money the Contiextremecontacts are a good choice., and about 300lbs of sand in the rear trunk.
SteveL
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 5 2007, 01:52 PM) *

I think for the money the Contiextremecontacts are a good choice., and about 300lbs of sand in the rear trunk.

The summer tires I currently have are Conti CH95s. I've had really bad luck with getting them balanced, ply seperations, etc, even on the new pair I bought a couple of years back. Has the quality control on Continentals improved? Did I just have bad luck?

How are the Conti Extreme Contacts on snow and ice?

Thanks
gopack
i had some Kuhmo Ecsta ASX all season radial on my M3 and i thought they were a decent tire and didn't break the bank. I had Conti's YEARS ago, and had all kinds of dissapointments with them as well. $64 each at the Tire Rack, so figure less than $100 installed locally.
JUST my $0.02
rick 918-S
Winter wheels and Blizzaks for the winter. Change over in the summer. And I agree with chappy, get the sand bags. blink.gif
iamchappy
I dont know how they will hold up, I purchased a set for my car and my sons car i haven't used them yet on the teener and my sons Mitsubishi is in the shop so i cant tell you much.
Tire Rack rates them fairly high for performance and snow.

My BMW 320I and 318I were by far the worst winter cars i've ever owned.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...tireSearch=true

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComme...num%3D055VR6CEC
gopack
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 6 2007, 02:24 PM) *

Winter wheels and Blizzaks for the winter. Change over in the summer. And I agree with chappy, get the sand bags. blink.gif

I agree with Rick, this is by far the best way to go!
tire rack package
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.