Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr914 at Hershey Swap Meet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
cantley914
Let's do a group buy on this. 50 914 owners sign up to be there and dr 914 shows up

Those were the exact words from the doctor.

So let's start a list of members showing up in Hershey and get the Dr. to meet us.
I volunteer to set up the list of all members willing to show up in Hershey April 28th.

I, myself will travel 8½ hrs down to Hershey on Fridayand head back home on Sunday
It would be nice to meet all together for a drink Saturday night after the swap meet.

Showing up are:

First ten

Cantley914
Eric914
Faux916 --->
+ his brother
BarberDave
GeorgeH
Racing916
Vacca Rabite
Type47
Spoke

Next ten

Ptravnic
Ws91420 (sure he will make the effort)
Johnny Blackstain (trying hard)
Phoenix914
SLKWrx
Type11969 (planning)
JerryP
R Towle
Dr Evil
ArtechikA

Next ten:

yarin (planning)
apexeric

pray.gif
eric914
I am planning on it right now. Won't have the 914 with me by then but will be fun to look around. I will be comming from 7+hr away.
turboman808
If there is something cool going on the night before I will be there. Something with naked women would be nice!!!
nomore9one4
My brother and I will be there. We are both members. bye1.gif
Part Pricer

I'm sorry. I can't bend over and kiss someone's ass like that. If he wants to go to Hershey, why should he need to demand a particular size audience?

I go to Hershey every year with a large group of friends. If George were to just say that he was going to be there, I would stop by to say Hi. However, I don't give in to egotistical demands.

I'll be at Hershey, but don't add me to your list.

Joe Bob
Pay my hotel bill and "I" will show up......
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
As I do every yr. I'll be there. THe DR. can stop around to the peoples choise area and say Hello, black 73, Ohio licence 73914, So can every one else. Chocolate Land Motel is a good place for all 914's to meet. It's on Chocolate Ave ,of course. Put me on the list .
Dave slap.gif
G e o r g e
I always get the Hershey pain30.gif Squirts after eating at slit's place, and there is atleast 50 people there, so see you in April Doc
Racing916
I am going to see 914's and buy 914 parts. Who cares if george comes? What is the obsession? He did not event the 914... I guess I just don't get it?????
Aaron Cox
buy me a beer and a jet blue ticket and i will show up.....

no offense doc... you arent royalty smile.gif
Jenny
There's something about a group buy at the top of the page. Maybe it's not for royalty, but confirmed purchases.

But just in case-- I'll show if 50 people pay my way there. biggrin.gif

Jen
Aaron Cox
ok so if jenny is there... i will show up.
VaccaRabite
Seeing as I live like 45 miles from it, I'll be there.

Zach
736conver
I'm sorry. I can't bend over and kiss someone's ass like that. If he wants to go to Hershey, why should he need to demand a particular size audience?

agree.gif

Rouser
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Feb 5 2007, 05:14 PM) *

Let's do a group buy on this. 50 914 owners sign up to be there and dr 914 shows up

Gimme a break ... it's Hershey + a whole bunch of Porsches. Tellin' me this guy can't show based on that alone?

Boy, talk about a GOD complex ...
xitspd
Dr. WHO? Aaron I agree....................

Dan
type47
i go to Hershey every year (except the year it fell on my spouses birthday chair.gif ). nice drive, up early to frederick, up rt 15 past gettysburg then to hershey. about 2.5 hrs door to door. maybe the dr would like to hang with us? aktion035.gif
Spoke
I'll be going this year again. Last year was my first visit to the Aquafest. If it doesn't rain, I'll bring the 914. Only about 70 miles for me all on Rt78/81.

Spoke
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Rouser @ Feb 5 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Gimme a break ... it's Hershey + a whole bunch of Porsches. Tellin' me this guy can't show based on that alone?

That is a ridiculous comment. I have a lot to do here and am on the phone all day talking to fellow 914 owners. It would be a great effort and loss to our customers for me to leave here. It has nothing to do with some honorarium or anything like that and for the most part a joke.
However that being said I have devoted my life to these cars so maybe there should be a little hero worship for saving so many and collecting so many and promoting the marque so enthusiastically.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 04:48 PM) *

That is a ridiculous comment. I have a lot to do here and am on the phone all day talking to fellow 914 owners. It would be a great effort and loss to our customers for me to leave here. It has nothing to do with some honorarium or anything like that and for the most part a joke.
However that being said I have devoted my life to these cars so maybe there should be a little hero worship for saving so many and collecting so many and promoting the marque so enthusiastically.

And I do give good speeches by the way!!!!!!
Joe Bob
Hey....pull my finger.....
736conver

blink.gif hero worship blink.gif

Was that really just said.
grasshopper
Cool...so now lets just suck up to this guy...you know...not the one that screwed quite a few people in the past...called names...naw not that one? lol gosh its amazing how quickly everyone can forget stuff....haha this is so stupid its funny. blink.gif
nomore9one4
I believe this thread is nothing more than a head count. So if your in,your in. If not,you will not be there,therefore,you will miss out on meeting one of the coolest guys on the Eastcoast.

Me! biggrin.gif
grasshopper
haha you got me there! lol I thought you were talking about the *hero* Dr. 914 himself...lol
nomore9one4
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Feb 5 2007, 06:37 PM) *

haha you got me there! lol I thought you were talking about the *hero* Dr. 914 himself...lol

I too am a hero! In my daughters eyes. wub.gif
grasshopper
chairfall.gif
cantley914
Hey guys,

Come on, Isn't this site all about the cars and the people?
I never mentioned that one guy was a Hero or a god ! All of us love those little cars, have worked on them and had some experiences, some more than others but it's the way we share those experiences and the help we provide to each other that makes this place our local hangout.
I, myself had my own experience with AA but did my story get to the owners attention? Who cares anyway. I did not want to open a can of worm here but just try to get 50 or more 914 enthusiasts to meet and the fact the Dr mentionned if we could get a group together, I thought it was a great opportunity to put up a friendly meeting among us and finally be able to put some faces to same names and alias.
So please, if this idea I had to gather as many teeners to meet for a drink is gonna cause dispute or wake up old grudge than I would ask the admin to delete this thread.

I'm in for the love of these cars and the friendship among us.

God bless all,

Steph in awfully cold Canada.
nomore9one4
We need to work on a secret handshake. So we know who is or is not from the club. Any suggestions?
Joe Bob
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:10 PM) *

We need to work on a secret handshake. So we know who is or is not from the club. Any suggestions?

I usually drop trow.....but I don't drink anymore...or any less.... beer3.gif
tracks914
agree.gif Steph is right, and if I wasn't so far away I would be there, and still might!

From awfully colder Canada. 500 miles North of Steph! new_shocked.gif

Doug
cantley914
Come on Doug,

Make an effort.
I know you can show up.
It would be cool to meet you again.

Steph
ws91420
I had a hat for that occasion and others but don't want to promote it there or anywhere else really.
ptravnic
Hershey is an annual event for me. Add my name to the list.

-pt
nomore9one4
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:17 PM) *

I had a hat for that occasion and others but don't want to promote it there or anywhere else really.

Did it have,lets say another "club"script on it? unsure.gif
ws91420
Planning to be there if schedule allows.
nomore9one4
I will be the guy wearing a black jacket/ a red hat and I may or may not be wearing pants. blink.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 5 2007, 10:10 PM) *

Is it really that important to you?
I'm just going to meet more people that are interested in these old cars. I don't care what board they read.

Zach
cantley914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 5 2007, 07:24 PM) *

I'm just going to meet more people that are interested in these old cars. I don't care what board they read.

Zach

agree.gif

That's what I love to hear !

Steph
ws91420
For me the big thing is to get a greater sense of community of the people I interact w/ , read about, and deal with on this board. Having a central meeting point or an easy way to identify someone walking by from a hat they have on is a good thing esp. if it is a rainfest again you don't have alot of time to stop and talk to find out if they are someone you talked to on the board.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 5 2007, 07:24 PM) *

Zach

I could care less "what 914 board they read" My comment is more towards the 914members as opposed to meeting members like "tyekneepp" from the 911 times. I can assure you that every 914 owner there will not be driving their 914 so you are not going to know who "people that are interested in these old cars are" will you now? confused24.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:31 PM) *

For me the big thing is to get a greater sense of community of the people I interact w/ , read about, and deal with on this board. Having a central meeting point or an easy way to identify someone walking by from a hat they have on is a good thing esp. if it is a rainfest again you don't have alot of time to stop and talk to find out if they are someone you talked to on the board.

clap56.gif Thank you. Someone who understands.
Johny Blackstain
I've never been, would like to go, don't worship George but do admire him- as far as I know he was the 1st into 914's as a full time profession & I've been pestering him since I was 17 & I'm 44 now. Please "pencil" me in- I'll try but I'm currently trying to buy a garage/house so who knows. cool_shades.gif
ws91420
Of the people that have posted here on this thread the only ones I have met is Jim(type 47) and Zach(vacca rabite) ever so briefly at the ECC. I would hope I would be able to recognize them. The meeting place or an identifying hat would be great because I would hate to miss anyone.
I hope the weather will be good w/ vendors, sellers, and deals for all. Although I don't agree w/ Geprge asking for a fifty member commitment for him to show. People like Charles Navarro of LN Enginerring and Mark Engman traveled from a distance and set up in the rain last year w/o any commitment to see a certain number of members. Chuck gave away a bunch of piston cylinder keychains to passers by.
Rouser
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 07:48 PM) *

Sorry, folks ... didn't mean to bring on an El Niño.

I rest my case.
So.Cal.914
Don't get your pantys in a twist George, around here you need a thicker skin than

That. Next week it will be something else. cool.gif
Phoenix914
I'm only a couple of hours away, so I'll definitely show up. George said something about buying a drink for whoever shows, so that's enough for me. Screw all you guys - I'm in it for the free beer! beer3.gif
type11969
Planning on going, schedule and weather may change that though . . .
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 5 2007, 08:13 PM) *

Don't get your pantys in a twist George, around here you need a thicker skin than

That. Next week it will be something else. cool.gif

the point here is that I really value my pink panties and when that rouser rousered them up it hurt and now I have to wash them but only do my laundry on the weekends. This whole week now thanks to rouser I am going to be in a bad mood. Maybe someone can send me a new pair of purple ones to dry my tears
SLKWrx
I'll definitely be heading out there, though my 914 project is still in its jackstands phase and therefore not drivable so I'll be driving the suby. I think someone told me that you need an engine and maybe seats to drive a car, can anyone confirm this?

Hey doc, you shouldn't use panties to dry your tears, especially if they're used.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.