Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What else is in the M471 package besides flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
Saw this car in "the Mart" today and wanted to know what else besides the flares comes in the M471 package.

#9141430233, Tangerine/blk, factory installed
Competition Option Group (M471) and front & rear
swaybars (M404), "Strenger" car, absolutely
beautiful, Recaros with 5 -pt harness, Momo, 7" &
8" restored Fuchs, brandnew BF Goodrich G Force,
Koni adj shocks, $32,500, Gerhard Blendstrup.
Berkeley, CA.
510/528-8453.gblendstrup@mac.com

These pictures were pulled from another site and may not be the actual condition but pulled by vin.

I wish I had the $$$.
shaggy
is that a 6?

are all 6's left hand tumblers?
McMark
Yup. wink.gif
3d914
Michael,

You might have to arm-wrestle me for this one - tooo sweeet! Aye!

My sources indicate the M471 was a body & wheel package for the 6's only. I have plans to someday build one identical to the orange & black one in the bottom pic. Its only a matter of money - right!

Enjoy!
bjorn jacobson
Very nice looking car. Seems like a good deal.
orthobiz
It's a good day for me. Volumes 2-11 Up-fixin used from eBay arrived (just as greasy as the old set I gave away with my old car!). Paternie's "Modify" book, Long's "Definitive History" book AND Johnson's "Authenticity" book came. I'm gearing up!

Anyway: Johnson's says M471:
Steel flares all 4 fenders
Flared steel front valence.
Flared fiberglass rockers.
No rear valence
6x15 Fuchs with spacers and longer lugs.

Paul
Bleyseng
thats why the rear valence doesn't flare to match the rear flares? thumb3d.gif
neo914-6
Michael,

yes you are an addict, you are justifying ways right now... biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 5 2007, 05:46 PM) *

is that a 6?

are all 6's left hand tumblers?

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 5 2007, 07:10 PM) *

Yup. wink.gif

Nope... not all sixes were left hand ignitions. The 72 /6 (none imported to USA) used the 4 cylinder column and wiring harness. They also have a short adapter harness to hook up the six relay board.

Michael N
Yes, I am a addict! There has to be an end to the $$$ coming out of the pocket. I used to tell Kathy that the 914 habit was cheaper that spending nights out at the bar but I am beginning to think the bar might be cheaper.

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:58 PM) *

Michael,

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Michael N @ Feb 5 2007, 10:47 PM) *

Yes, I am a addict! There has to be an end to the $$$ coming out of the pocket. I used to tell Kathy that the 914 habit was cheaper that spending nights out at the bar but I am beginning to think the bar might be cheaper.

Nope, 914s are more expensive. Because now you have a whole crowd of drinking buddies who also own 914s. beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
Martin Baker
Some 72 914-6 types have made it here...

Check this link....can you say Miami Vice.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/for_sale_72_po...46_sn9142430091
Gustl
QUOTE(Michael N @ Feb 6 2007, 12:44 AM) *

#9141430233, Tangerine/blk, factory installed
Competition Option Group (M471) and front & rear
swaybars (M404), "Strenger" car, absolutely
beautiful, Recaros with 5 -pt harness, Momo, 7" &
8" restored Fuchs, brandnew BF Goodrich G Force,
Koni adj shocks, $32,500, Gerhard Blendstrup.
Berkeley, CA.
510/528-8453.gblendstrup@mac.com

if this is really true and the car is in appropriate condition - consider it mine drooley.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Feb 5 2007, 10:51 PM) *

I never said someone didn't bring one here, but officially, none were ever imported by Porsche.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 6 2007, 05:01 AM) *

I never said someone didn't bring one here, but officially, none were ever imported by Porsche.

Leave it the Miamian's to screw up a six! barf.gif Send it back to Porsche for a resto!
Martin Baker
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 6 2007, 05:01 AM) *

Officially, whatever Dude. I never said you said that. Your turn.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE GAGLIONE IN PURCHASING THIS VERY RARE M 471 FACTORY GT MODEL ONE OF ONLY 45 GTS TO EXIST! AND WHAT A BARGAIN STEVE!
davep
Well, that is certainly a great home.
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 16 2007, 09:35 PM) *

CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE GAGLIONE IN PURCHASING THIS VERY RARE M 471 FACTORY GT MODEL ONE OF ONLY 45 GTS TO EXIST! AND WHAT A BARGAIN STEVE!

I certainly hope it gets the proper interior to go along with the extreme rarity of this machine. And maybe an appropriate consideration due the rest of the body and paint. How could someone have felt they were improving upon this piece of rolling art, by pimping it to the extreme and ruining all the genuine authenticity. Give me an interior in degrees of well worn patina to a completely trashed , but ORIGINAL stock appearing car, rather than some mosaic of mis-matched and Amuricanized extremism. I'm glad its a saved car.....please undo it and fix it right.
Gustl
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 17 2007, 02:35 AM) *

well, I've got this info about an hour before ... and believe me, there's no happyness from my side dry.gif

but hey, I don't want to be the bad looser, so congrats to Steve ...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Steve and I are planning the attack on this one. He wanted one for years. I would have purchased it and immediately turned it for double the money as I had a buyer. However Steve is a dear friend of mine and I know the fiasco he went through on the last one I turned him on to. We plan on returning the car to completely stock dress along with the original steel flared front valance as well!
We will be taking his new one and our gemini blue one to the historic display at the charlotte 2008 porsche parade along with the 916. should be a great time!
Gustl
this really hurts - nobody out there has a piece of the idea how much I wanted this car ...

I'm not talking about just any M471, I'm talking about this specific car
I was looking for this one for many years
and Gerhard told me that my chances were excellent - until Steve showed up

I could cry the whole day ...

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 17 2007, 10:27 AM) *

this really hurts - nobody out there has a piece of the idea how much I wanted this car ...

I'm not talking about just any M471, I'm talking about this specific car
I was looking for this one for many years
and Gerhard told me that my chances were excellent - until Steve showed up

I could cry the whole day ...

This was a two pronged attack. When I first saw the thread I was shocked at the fact that no one jumped on this car and fired the guy an overnight air deposit!!! Gerhard, you and I know what this car is worth. A guy offered us 125 for our car! This one was the bargain of the century, and I could have easily purchased it on the spot, knowing that I could place it and make a lot of money.
However Steve was really run around by another m-471 owner, that guy finally changing his mind about selling steve the car. So we had Steve the wronged and passionate about getting another to keep for the rest of his life, and me, Dr. 914 knowing what a tremendous value the car was urging him to act without hesitation, offering even to send the guy the money if Steve could not get it in time!!!!!
The point is here that although two against one is not fair but Steve is the most deserving guy I know for an m-471!
smg914
WOW....what a week it's been. I can't put into words the excitement I feel right now. I've been wanting an M471 GT for the past 19 years and for it to finally happen ........all I can say is, "I'm totally stoked".

Wolfgang.....I sent you a personal email so there is no reason to express my feeling to you again. Just so everyone else knows, I do feel bad that one of us had to be disappointed. From what I gather, there were many others that are disappointed too.

According to Gerhard there were many people that were very interested in this car. I am very fortunate to have a friend like George and the fact that the car was only advertised on the PCA web site. I was the first to call Gerhard and when I flew out to California on Friday to meet him and see the car we made a real connection and I know that he is very happy with the cars new home.

My plan is to bring the "Strenger GT" back to its original form excluding a few very cool things that Erich Strenger did to the car. Like the 911S brakes and the 7 and 8 by 15 inch fuchs.

Also, thanks to my many friends that had to listen to my 914-6 M471 GT pursuit story for the past 19 years. All I can say is that sometimes persistence pays off. I never gave up and it finally happened. YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rwjames
Congratulations Steve!

It sounds like you will give it a good home and put it back to what it should be.

Now you can give me a call and see if we can work something up.

Rich
effutuo101
Congrats! I would love to have it. So, I am a bit green with envy. Have fun!
Al Meredith
Hey Steve, Sorry I never got to see your blood orange 914-6 when I was in Tampa at Thanksgiving . Glad we did meet at the Crackel Barrel . I'll ckeck with George and maybe we can link up if you came to Atlanta. We will probably be going back to Clearwater in the spring to visit Grandma , maybe then . AL
Steve,
What a great "Buy"!! I just got a orginal six about the same way,Was the first guy to call and seller new he was under priced !! He just wanted the six to go to a good home,Not a flipper... Whats the condition of the M471 ?
Numbers maching engine? I was going to join the PCA about 4 weeks ago,I wish I did.. There was some rumors on the prelican site about the car. Ive owned 914's for 30 years+ the one you got is the gem of 914 collecting,Congrats on the buy,Pleae post some info on it also some picts.
Take Care,914
smg914
I woke up this morning, ate some breakfast and logged onto 914world and I see my name on a subject line. Thats cool..........

Thank you all for the nice comments, phone calls and emails. I really do feel privledged to be the new owner of car with such a wonderful ownership history. It is a great honor to own a car that Erich Strenger owned and especially because of it being an M471 914-6.

I will do the right thing with this car. It is in very good condition (body and mechanical). The first thing I'm going to do is get rid of the rear PORSCHE reflector and have the correct 914-6-VW-PORSCHE emblem installed.
ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE EMBLEMS? I NEED ONE.
sixnotfour
Very nice , to be the proud owner of documented history, for a reasonable amount of money too, now thats an investment ,
congratulations smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(Michael N @ Feb 5 2007, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 5 2007, 07:58 PM) *

Michael,

addict maybe, but I think I took your avatar photo, what does that make me?

Beautiful car, but I don't think of 6 or 8 cylinders when I think 914. If I had a flat eight motor I might try the conversion though...
One man's heartbreak, another man's joy
URY914
Steve,

Let me know when you get it home, I'll be right over... biggrin.gif
smg914
Absolutely Paul. And you haven't seen the John Player Special yet either.
smg914
This is believed to be a picture of my car at the Nurburging in the early 70's.
davep
Is that a camera box on the side. Was it magnetically attached? The oil tank would be in the way for almost any other method of fastening.
Gustl
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 20 2007, 04:41 AM) *

This is believed to be a picture of my car at the Nurburging in the early 70's.

there's no proof yet - even if it seems to be very likely

it also could be #0234

I hope we will find it out for sure ever!

Gustl
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 20 2007, 05:04 AM) *

Is that a camera box on the side.

yepp - this photo was taken in 1972, when Porsche produced a commercial for the market introduction of the 914 2.0

they raced 3 GTs at the Nurburgring, and when they crossed the finish line they faded over to a new 2.0 Liter /4

AFAIK the commercial was especially for the US market

unfortunately I've never seen it - I would love to ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.