Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classified Forums, Member Vendors Forums
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
After the last mess at 914club (yes, I subscribed barf.gif ) perhaps Dr914 should keep his business comments confined to the Classified Forums and Member Vendors Forums so that we do not have foul comments in the 914World Garage Forum.

They were designed for commerce. This channel is designed for friends and communication.

Dan
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xitspd @ Feb 5 2007, 05:11 PM) *

After the last mess at 914club (yes, I subscribed barf.gif ) perhaps Dr914 should keep his business comments confined to the Classified Forums and Member Vendors Forums so that we do not have foul comments in the 914World Garage Forum.

They were designed for commerce. This channel is designed for friends and communication.

Dan

Great. Please do not discourage me. I have said many times that I am here for tech advice but have noticed that MANY MANY are pushing their parts and service on the different threads. I am not
but if someone does not know if something is available I will tell them even if it is something that only autoatlanta provides. Better to let them know than to let them keep searching in vain. That is all. Weigh what I am contributing vs all the rest and decide for yourself.
xitspd
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 5 2007, 05:14 PM) *

QUOTE(xitspd @ Feb 5 2007, 05:11 PM) *

Dan

Great. Please do not discourage me. I have said many times that I am here for tech advice but have noticed that MANY MANY are pushing their parts and service on the different threads. I am not
but if someone does not know if something is available I will tell them even if it is something that only autoatlanta provides. Better to let them know than to let them keep searching in vain. That is all. Weigh what I am contributing vs all the rest and decide for yourself.

We hold your prior business practices in such high regard, what can I say! I spoke to you once about a GT grille that I returned to AA over 7 years ago. The credit however was never posted to my American Express. I know you have a vast knowledge of 914's, now show some integrity.
orthobiz
I joined after the World/Club thing.
I think the 914 Doctor has a lot to offer this group.
I know he's a political topic because of past issues World members have had with service, etc.
It's all been well-documented in responses and reactions to George's original post.

I think he has handled himself admirably overall and has withstood lambasting when others would have lashed back or caved in. Talk about turning the other cheek! Why, he could run a REAL AA meeting (and I don't mean AutoAtlanta!).

Maybe some Dr. 914 posts should be moved. I think the administrators should just do it. From what I've seen, I don't think the doctor would complain. Maybe George needs his own forum.

I believe he has a wealth of things to offer the group. I know I'm learning all the time and appreciate his participation. Just ordered my 914 700 things to know book and buying guide from AA. (Still looking for a car!)

I do have a complaint, however. Hussey needs to update his cars-for-sale page on the AA website IMMEDIATELY!!!

Paul
xitspd
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Feb 5 2007, 05:44 PM) *

I know he's a political topic because of past issues World members have had with service, etc.
It's all been well-documented in responses and reactions to George's original post.

I think he has handled himself admirably overall and has withstood lambasting when others would have lashed back or caved in. Talk about turning the other cheek! Why, he could run a REAL AA meeting (and I don't mean AutoAtlanta!).

Maybe some Dr. 914 posts should be moved. I think the administrators should just do it. From what I've seen, I don't think the doctor would complain. Maybe George needs his own forum.

I believe he has a wealth of things to offer the group. I know I'm learning all the time and appreciate his participation. Just ordered my 914 700 things to know book and buying guide from AA. (Still looking for a car!)

I do have a complaint, however. Hussey needs to update his cars-for-sale page on the AA website IMMEDIATELY!!!

Paul

That is a great idea! His own Forum for advise and sales. If this could be accomplised, I am all for it! Those of us who want to avoid that Forum could do so. Admins?

Dan
nomore9one4

Paul

agree.gif but as for "Georges own forum" I fortunetly have a mouse that does not go to topics unless I click on it. I know I am spoiled,but it came with the computer confused24.gif
tracks914
If you don't want to read the Dr's posts then don't read them. I like the way he has conducted himself and not crossed the line yet. If he does cross the line then it is up to the admins to remove his post and give him a warning but I have not seen reason for this so far. It is not up to us to police it or we will end in a mess like the old site.
So far I think his input far exceeds any "vendoring" that may have taken place. Keep up the advice and good work George.
markb
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:31 PM) *

If you don't want to read the Dr's posts then don't read them. I like the way he has conducted himself and not crossed the line yet. If he does cross the line then it is up to the admins to remove his post and give him a warning but I have not seen reason for this so far. It is not up to us to police it or we will end in a mess like the old site.
So far I think his input far exceeds any "vendoring" that may have taken place. Keep up the advice and good work George.

agree.gif
jim_hoyland

agree.gif ...Inputs from Dr 914 are very helpful.

QUOTE(markb @ Feb 5 2007, 06:35 PM) *

agree.gif

xitspd
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:29 PM) *

Paul

agree.gif but as for "Georges own forum" I fortunately have a mouse that does not go to topics unless I click on it. I know I am spoiled,but it came with the computer confused24.gif

Unfortunately not all topics in the Garage are clearly marked Dr914 has replied within. 7 years of waiting for a credit on my American Express has evaporated my sense of humor.
Dan
Rusty
Dan, you're a valued part of our community. It sounds like you're very frustrated.

I would recommend that you take this issue offline with George... see if you can work out a solution to the benefit of all parties.

Failing that, there's always "ignore", available if a member consistently finds himself offended by another.

Kind regards,
Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Feb 5 2007, 06:50 PM) *

Dan, you're a valued part of our community. It sounds like you're very frustrated.
I would recommend that you take this issue offline with George... see if you can work out a solution to the benefit of all parties.
Failing that, there's always "ignore", available if a member consistently finds himself offended by another.

agree.gif
xitspd
Lawrence and Andy you are right! I will use the ignore option! My issue is seven years old. Perhaps 只一隻老虎能居住在山.
Thanks,

Dan
goose2
I fortunetly have a mouse that does not go to topics unless I click on it.

I like your comment beerchug.gif George Carlin said in one of his routines about censorship: "hey people, you know your tv has a little knob on it that says "off"....if you don't like what you see, just use it"
SteveL
Like many others, a long time ago I had some challenges with AA.
So keep in mind that this is coming from a skeptic, although a cautiously optimistic one.

That being said, I am VERY impressed with what George is contributing here and hope he continues to participate. Also, although I was not part of the order, it seems that the group flare buy was handled very well.
As for George "pushing parts" here, I have not seen any indication of a marketing campaign or anything that could be considered sales spam. When someone has asked a question about product availability or what to use, he has generously answered, and without pushing anyone to only buy from him. He has a wealth of knowledge to contribute, and has opened his doors to all for advice, visits, etc.
This sounds to me like one helluva good member of the 914 community.

To George: I can only speak for myself, but you are on the right track to earning back customers. Please continue the customer service improvement! And thank you for taking the time to answer so many of our questions and even for torturing us with the pics from your office. Next time I'm down south I look forward to stopping by.

thumb3d.gif

Steve
So.Cal.914
agree.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Feb 5 2007, 09:50 PM) *

Kind regards,
Rusty smoke.gif

agree.gif cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com

Paul

thank you Paul. The overhaul is coming soon.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SteveL @ Feb 5 2007, 08:38 PM) *

So keep in mind that this is coming from a skeptic, although a cautiously optimistic one.

That being said, I am VERY impressed with what George is contributing here and hope he continues to participate. Also, although I was not part of the order, it seems that the group flare buy was handled very well.
As for George "pushing parts" here, I have not seen any indication of a marketing campaign or anything that could be considered sales spam. When someone has asked a question about product availability or what to use, he has generously answered, and without pushing anyone to only buy from him. He has a wealth of knowledge to contribute, and has opened his doors to all for advice, visits, etc.

To George: I can only speak for myself, but you are on the right track to earning back customers. Please continue the customer service improvement! And thank you for taking the time to answer so many of our questions and even for torturing us with the pics from your office. Next time I'm down south I look forward to stopping by.

thumb3d.gif

Steve

thank you Steve. I am here for advice and guidance not to sell anything to the members. However if all else fails, the parts are here. I will continue not to push them, but just be here for good guidance based on my, now, 32 years with the 914.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 6 2007, 11:39 AM) *

Paul

thank you Paul. The overhaul is coming soon.

agree.gif w/ both of you. You also need an avatar George, like a 914 w/ red crosses on it or something! cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xitspd @ Feb 5 2007, 06:44 PM) *

Paul

agree.gif but as for "Georges own forum" I fortunately have a mouse that does not go to topics unless I click on it. I know I am spoiled,but it came with the computer confused24.gif

Unfortunately not all topics in the Garage are clearly marked Dr914 has replied within. 7 years of waiting for a credit on my American Express has evaporated my sense of humor.
Dan

Hi Dan. We have you registered with us under two different customer numbers, but in both back to 1997 there is no order in either file of any kind. Please send us a copy of the invoice so we can get to the bottom of this so you can get your sense of humor back once again!
'Cause
I'm new here and do not know of all the past 'issues', but may I suggest;
There is a function in "My Controls" that will allow anyone to put another on an "Ignor List", if someone has any heartburn of another simply add them to this list then the 'irritation' goes away.
...just my $0.02....
nomore9one4
[/quote]
agree.gif w/ both of you. You also need an avatar George, like a 914 w/ red crosses on it or something! cool_shades.gif
[/quote]
He can use this one.
Johny Blackstain
[/quote]
He can use this one.
[/quote]
drooley.gif DAMN thats nice!!!!!! cool_shades.gif
cooltimes
edited for complete clarity.
Crazyhippy
I too am offended by the Dr's selling, but i understand it. As far as he is concerned, AA is the end all, be all for 914 parts. He should think this way, or as a buisness owner, he should fix it so he is. Retail is a competitive field, much like boxing, and if you ask Mike Tyson Who to buy 914 parts from, he'll say "I'm a tiger"

Not sure i really have a point... I understand where the Doc is coming from, but it still irks me to hear "AA has it."

BJ(refuses to be a customer)H
Coy
I’m not necessarily “Pro-Automobile Atlanta”, but I have to admit, I’ve had fairly good dealings with them. If someone asks me where to get something and I know where, I tell them; and many times, the only place I know is AA. Other vendors tell us about their goods and services if the subject comes up, and nobody thinks twice about it - I for one don’t care.

I think George has taken a verbal beating here and remained congenial throughout. I like doing business with people who frequent this board. I really want to buy something from Craig Laughlin at Camp 914 'cause he did such a great job on WCC06, so I’m saving my pennies.

Either way, I think people ought to get off George’s back and either accept the fact that he is here and is part of the scene, or ignore him completely. Attacking any vendor here, doesn't make this a better place in my book.

That's my 2 cents...
SGB
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 6 2007, 10:47 AM) *

[Please send us a copy of the invoice so we can get to the bottom of this so you can get your sense of humor back once again!

Thats what I like to see. Honesty has the highest promotional value. Much more important than availability or price or shipping cost or whatever else.
eric914

agree.gif

QUOTE(SteveL @ Feb 5 2007, 08:38 PM) *

thumb3d.gif

Steve
agree.gif

The other club may be a better place for you to go if you want to hold onto a 7 year old anger of a deal gone bad. The Dr. has given some neat advice since the new club was formed. Occasionally he plugs a product but it has generally been in response to someone asking where to get something. His photos of the 916 conversion and the hell hole replacement panel assembly were things we would not have seen if he had not been posting.
woobn8r
George "is between a rock and a hard place" and has conducted himself well in this situation....

If he comments, "AA has it" it's still just a comment. But a comment that might help some of us....If he has a product of good quality/price that I need....I'd buy it from AA. I'll shop first but if AA is the best IMO he gets the business.

Keep it up George...Hope you stay around a LONG TIME!

Holding grudges is too easy to do and helps nobody. If you have a problem...get it fixed...don't let it fester.
Joe Bob
Ya know....if you don't want to deal with AA....deal with GPR. They share suppliers and drop ship stuff to each other....I may not have the terminology right...but Dave Sheppard (GPR) and Herr Doktor (AA) have had an agreement for quite awhile.

If it gives ya the willies to see an AA invoice....call Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 6 2007, 08:52 AM) *

He can use this one.

this would make a fabulous new catalog cover.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 9 2007, 08:07 PM) *

Ya know....if you don't want to deal with AA....deal with GPR. They share suppliers and drop ship stuff to each other....I may not have the terminology right...but Dave Sheppard (GPR) and Herr Doktor (AA) have had an agreement for quite awhile.

If it gives ya the willies to see an AA invoice....call Dave

good point. Dave is a hell of a nice guy who tries harder than anyone I know to go out of his way to satisfy people. (of course we do to, anyone in business today is stupid to discourage a customer!!!) but just the fact that he is there in california means parts get to the west coast quicker.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Feb 6 2007, 09:55 AM) *

I too am offended by the Dr's selling, but i understand it. As far as he is concerned, AA is the end all, be all for 914 parts. He should think this way, or as a buisness owner, he should fix it so he is. Retail is a competitive field, much like boxing, and if you ask Mike Tyson Who to buy 914 parts from, he'll say "I'm a tiger"

Not sure i really have a point... I understand where the Doc is coming from, but it still irks me to hear "AA has it."

BJ(refuses to be a customer)H

I am changing it to George Hussey is the chief 914 enthusiast and 914 collector in the world!!!!!! How about that?????
jimtab

Paul

agree.gif but as for "Georges own forum" I fortunetly have a mouse that does not go to topics unless I click on it. I know I am spoiled,but it came with the computer confused24.gif

You know, I don't think I know you stranger, but I sure like your style.....and, I didn't see the crosses in the picture of the girl with the crown on her ass.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.