Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I now have a daily driver....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
After attending the WCC last year, I had the itch for a daily driver. I started asking around and found one right here from a member and a local friend. It came with a butt load of original parts and upgrade parts. It’s a ’73 2.0 with 44 Webers, factory sway bars, A/C and those sweet Fuchs. Sure it needs some work, but it is better than average. It came with a nice chrome front bumper w/ grills, fog lights and cap too.
Vroom, Vroom….driving.gif thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Read all about it here because I won't be posting this on all the boards. bye1.gif
bondo
Looks heavy. smile.gif
SGB
Looks really straight and tight. Close, even gaps, even panals. Looks really good! Show us the motor, wouldja please? smile.gif
URY914
Sorry no engine pics.

I can tell you it drives A LITTLE different than my other car. laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Wanna race?
StratPlayer
Congrats, very nice car. smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
Thanks guys.
The plan is to put it back into more of the original condition. I have a black roof and I'll do the sail panels in vinyl. It came with a new carpet set. I have seats from my car that have been redone.

No DE's or A/X's, just to work every once in awhile and to run around on the weekends.
jd74914
Is that Rouser's car?
Chris Pincetich
Score!
I think it needs a big cold-air intake beerchug.gif
URY914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:53 PM) *

Is that Rouser's car?

We have a winner! laugh.gif
Rouser
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 5 2007, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:53 PM) *

Is that Rouser's car?

We have a winner! laugh.gif

Yes, Paul made me an offer I couldn't refuse (for it AND the white '74 parts car), and we agreed to keep that amount to ourselves (no sense making the local nitpickers jealous biggrin.gif ).

I have way too much going on in my life right now, and I needed to free up some garage space for an '04 Mustang SVT Cobra I've been eyeballing ... for quite a while.

Besides, Paul says I can ride shotgun anytime I want. Gee, thanks Paul. dry.gif
Gint
QUOTE(bondo @ Feb 5 2007, 06:26 PM) *

Looks heavy. smile.gif

av-943.gif

That's what I thought the second I saw it.

Decent looking ride Paul. Looks heavy though. biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Paul, put the sawzall down and back away.
URY914
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 5 2007, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(bondo @ Feb 5 2007, 06:26 PM) *

Looks heavy. smile.gif

av-943.gif

That's what I thought the second I saw it.

Decent looking ride Paul. Looks heavy though. biggrin.gif

It feels weird to want to work on a street car and want to put it back to the original condition. Driving it reminds me of when I first bought my car almost 30 years ago. This one has a CD player, but I still listen to the same '70's songs.
smg914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 5 2007, 06:42 PM) *

Thanks guys.
The plan is to put it back into more of the original condition. I have a black roof and I'll do the sail panels in vinyl. It came with a new carpet set. I have seats from my car that have been redone.

No DE's or A/X's, just to work every once in awhile and to run around on the weekends.

type.gif I'm so proud of you Paul. clap56.gif
URY914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 6 2007, 06:19 AM) *

type.gif I'm so proud of you Paul. clap56.gif

Steve, I know it kills you to look at my race car and know that it left the factory as a original car. biggrin.gif

I want to put this one back together so when they're next to each other it will look like a before and after picture.

I'm going to Sebring this Sat, see you there?
smg914
Paul,
I think it is great what you're doing with your new 914.
Janie and I will be at Sebring Wednesday thru Sunday. Please look me up. A total of 380 cars entered. Per National, this is the largest club race in the country. 90 Cup Cars are entered. There will be 4 sprint races and 2 enduro's.
URY914
Are you driving the pace car?

See you there.
smg914
I hope to pull that off again this year.

Last years photo.....gosh that was fun.
TJB/914
Steve, Paul & other's.

Please take pictures & post them when you return.

BTW Paul: Nice car, hope to see you in the "Orginality & History" section. If you need a nice pr. of bumper tits for your chrome bumper I have a set you can have free + shipping. Might even have an old wavy black bumper needing lots of TLC if needed (free again).

Tom
URY914
Thanks Tom,

The car came with a bumper but I do need a stock valance. Got one?

Now I'll have to read ALL the threads. sad.gif
TJB/914
Paul,

No valance.

The reason I mentioned the bumper. I was looking for someone who has a future project car planned. The pained bumper I have is rough, but I thought it's a good canidate for someone wanting to cut/weld out a section to mount a front oil cooler. Must go to a good home free + shipping. A good one to cut up, chrome underneath a coating of gummy stuff.

Tom

Rouser
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 6 2007, 07:32 AM) *
This one has a CD player, but I still listen to the same '70's songs.

I'll burn you a CD with all your Jackson 5, Osmonds, and Partridge Family favorites.
URY914
QUOTE(Rouser @ Feb 6 2007, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 6 2007, 07:32 AM) *
This one has a CD player, but I still listen to the same '70's songs.

I'll burn you a CD with all your Jackson 5, Osmonds, and Partridge Family favorites.

" tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree, its been 10 long years does she still want me."

"...knock three times on the ceiling if you want me. Twice on the pipe if the answer in no."

Tony Orlando and Dawn. thumb3d.gif
URY914
First thing changed....the seats.
I had the seats from my race car sitting in the attic. I had them re-done with a heavy black cloth insert about 15 years ago. You don't slide around like on the vinyl seats. They look great.

Old...
Click to view attachment

New...
Click to view attachment
URY914
Next I have a nice thick three spoke steering wheel. That will be tomorrow's fun.
Rouser
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 6 2007, 10:54 PM) *

First thing changed....the seats.

Sweeeet ... you'll have to change the speaker accent fabric to match.

If the steering wheel is a little smaller it'll make ingress/egress of your tall, lanky ass a whole lot easier. That's not saying I didn't have issues with my frame ... at times. mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.