Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
This is the first announcement of the Premire Event of The Year ..... The G & R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. It has been decided that the date shall be:

SUNDAY, APRIL 29TH

As always, gates will open at 6:30 AM. Flesh Roasting to begin somewhere around 10 AM.

Who needs Dunkles or the LA-All Euro Show when you can mingle with such notables as:

Slits

Professor 914

Ron

Hell, we even have an open invitation to Brad. Professor 914 will show if there are 5 or more attendees paying $50 each. For $100, he will even speak to you if you first show your receipt.

Unfortunatley in these days and times, security is paramount. We have declared the security level to be at DEFCON 4. We have intelligence, from an un-named reliable source that a dr and his minions are going to attempt a coup. As this information is highly reliable, we have installed a scanner at the gate. The scanner is set to detect the verification chip embedded in valid Team NARP / ClubNARP stickers. Should your sticker be counterfit or you don't have one, the car and it's contents will be immediately vaporized.

Also, images of known terriorists have been uploaded to the scanner .... The scanner has been programed to immediately vaporize those recognized, however their cars will not be harmed in the process. The cars become the property of the D&G All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and are subject to parting out during the course of the event.

If you have a Club or World sticker on your car, please fly a white flag upon approaching the gate. G & R have sympathy and empathy for your causes.

Stay tuned for further updates on this "must attend" event of 2007. Sorry, no free "T" Shirts. Same sex groping is encouraged to not offend the CGBC or WLLLC. Opposite sex groping is prohibited as we do not have a sexual harrasment rider on the insurance policy.

DIRECTIONS POSTED SEVERAL POSTS DOWN, but for the intelligence challenged here they are:

Directions as promised:

The property is located basically at the intersection of the 60 Frwy and the 215/91 Frwys in Riverside. Due to the construction of a new mixmaster to handle the traffic to Moron Valley....you have to kinda work the off ramps..

If you are coming from the Republican, Anglo, Druish, upper middle class neighborhood where Howie lives (Westlake Villiage and all points North and East somewhat)....find your way to the 60 Frwy eastbound.....For those of you that will use the 210 or 10...go south on the 15 to the 60. As you approach Riverside and before the 91/215 intersection, get off at Main Street and turn right. Go to the first signal (Spruce) and turn left. Go 3 stop signs, cross the RR tracks and you will see a small sign "Kansas Ave". Due to the construction, Kansas is closed at the RR and you need to go around a building to get to it. Make a right at the sign...make a right at the stop sign....make a left at the next stop sign.....immediately to your right is the front gate of The Recycler Core Company...it will be closed...continue until you see an opening in the fence...that's the back gate....and that's where you want to be.....Remember. if your car is low to cross the gate track on the far left. If you are under 60 have $10 ready.

From Vegas.....down the 215...past the 10.....to the 60 Westbound....get off on Main street (1st exit real close). At top of ramp (stop sign) turn left....go to second stop sign (Spruce) and turn left....the rest of the directions are above. $10 at the gate if under 60 and if you drive a car named "Elvira"..$100 at the gate.

From San Diego....come up the 15 and take the 215 North split around Temecula...215 all the way to where it joins the 60 in Moron Valley....down the hill in the 60/215 past UCR....to the University Street Off ramp...GET OFF....turn right at the signal and go to about the 3rd light (Kansas)....turn right....go thru the Barrio, thru one signal (3rd Street), cross a set of RR tracks and look immediately to left for open gate....$5.00 at the gate, as Anchor Clankers & Jar Heads are poor and I support our troops.

From the OC and Corona (no BFs allowed)...come up the 91....get off (the freeway) at University Ave....stay on off ramp in middle lane (parallel freeway) past University and Mission Inn to 3rd street...turn right....continue to 1st signal (Kansas) and turn left......across RR and look left for open gate.....$10 at the gate for bona fide John Birch Members......$1000 for Shalom drivers.....$500 for retiring UPS pilots, $50 Euro for Deutcshers, Free if your intitals are JS or /L.

Happy travels..........

Cell Phone for Slits & Ron .... (951) 751-3584
Cell Phone for Glenn .... (951) 208-1413
Cell Phone for Toast .... nevemind, she'll just get you lost
Cell Phone for Professor 914 ....(090) 0U8-12IC
Brando
I'll be there, wrenches in hand. If you need help with your 914 bring it! Get to me before my 1L of beer!

Just kiddin. Is the "914 doktor" really showing? BTW latex gloves don't make you a doc (ask Aaron).

Sounds like fun. I'll bring ribs and beer and the more attractive half. smile.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 6 2007, 08:42 AM) *

We have intelligence, from an un-named reliable source that a dr and his minions are going to attempt a coup.

Sweet, I'd love to see a teener with a hardtop done.... Wait, what? Oh, that's.. oh, um nvm.

I should be there anyway.
Aaron Cox
yo ronnie....

i c u there
So.Cal.914
Been looking forward to it, had fun at the last two. You still located in the hood?
spunone
WO Hoo that should give me plenty of time to buy all kinds of more stuff for my car that I don't need pay full price and take it to the swap and sell for half of what I paid chair.gif Yea can't wait beer.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(spunone @ Feb 6 2007, 09:56 AM) *

WO Hoo that should give me plenty of time to buy all kinds of more stuff for my car that I don't need pay full price and take it to the swap and sell for half of what I paid chair.gif Yea can't wait beer.gif

Yes, true capitalism in process. Glad you support it.

And yes, I still have my hooded sweatshirt.
bernbomb914
I Guess I cant come because I dont have a sticker on any of my autos and I cant afford to replace them when you vaporize them. O well I always enjoy spending money there. Thats the breaks

Bernie
SLITS
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Feb 6 2007, 11:45 AM) *

I Guess I cant come because I dont have a sticker on any of my autos and I cant afford to replace them when you vaporize them. O well I always enjoy spending money there. Thats the breaks

Bernie

You're to old Bernie .... the scanner won't recognize you as being alive so you don't have to worry. biggrin.gif
bernbomb914
well that is one advantage that I have, I am Old, so I will be there with bells on.

Bernie
andys
And where might this festival be taking place???

Andys
So.Cal.914
Riverside. Ron will post directions when the time gets closer.
craig downs
I b there Will see if my car can make it its a long shot be will see.
Grimstead
Well if Craig is going to go, then I guess I'll go too.
beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Always a great time, lot's of nice cars, and super Bar-B-Que...se you there

A couple of pics from previous..
SLITS
This is a icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif to remind you all that it is almost soup and for me to find the thread so directions can be posted (when I get around to it).
So.Cal.914
boldblue.gif
Allan
i b there. thumb3d.gif
Toast
huh.gif
skline
If I dont have to work at the port, I will be there this time. I may even have a bunch of parts to sell too. My car wont be there but with any luck, Jared will have his running and it will make an appearance there too.

If KaptKaos is coming, maybe he could bring me my lids?

I need a bunch of parts for my car so I will be looking for many things.

Hope to see you all there smile.gif
rmital
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 4 2007, 12:01 PM) *

This is a icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif to remind you all that it is almost soup

I thought I was the only one using that obscure commercial line (from about 20 years ago)....
"Is it Soup Yet"?
SLITS
Since the weenie Admins of this site won't nail it .... I'll icon_bump.gif it and add directions as promised:

The property is located basically at the intersection of the 60 Frwy and the 215/91 Frwys in Riverside. Due to the construction of a new mixmaster to handle the traffic to Moron Valley....you have to kinda work the off ramps..

If you are coming from the Republican, Anglo, Druish, upper middle class neighborhood where Howie lives (Westlake Villiage and all points North and East somewhat)....find your way to the 60 Frwy eastbound.....For those of you that will use the 210 or 10...go south on the 15 to the 60. As you approach Riverside and before the 91/215 intersection, get off at Main Street and turn right. Go to the first signal (Spruce) and turn left. Go 3 stop signs, cross the RR tracks and you will see a small sign "Kansas Ave". Due to the construction, Kansas is closed at the RR and you need to go around a building to get to it. Make a right at the sign...make a right at the stop sign....make a left at the next stop sign.....immediately to your right is the front gate of The Recycler Core Company...it will be closed...continue until you see an opening in the fence...that's the back gate....and that's where you want to be.....Remember. if your car is low to cross the gate track on the far left. If you are under 60 have $10 ready.

From Vegas.....down the 215...past the 10.....to the 60 Westbound....get off on Main street (1st exit real close). At top of ramp (stop sign) turn left....go to second stop sign (Spruce) and turn left....the rest of the directions are above. $10 at the gate if under 60 and if you drive a car named "Elvira"..$100 at the gate.

From San Diego....come up the 15 and take the 215 North split around Temecula...215 all the way to where it joins the 60 in Moron Valley....down the hill in the 60/215 past UCR....to the University Street Off ramp...GET OFF....turn right at the signal and go to about the 3rd light (Kansas)....turn right....go thru the Barrio, thru one signal (3rd Street), cross a set of RR tracks and look immediately to left for open gate....$5.00 at the gate, as Anchor Clankers & Jar Heads are poor and I support our troops.

From the OC and Corona (no BFs allowed)...come up the 91....get off (the freeway) at University Ave....stay on off ramp in middle lane (parallel freeway) past University and Mission Inn to 3rd street...turn right....continue to 1st signal (Kansas) and turn left......across RR and look left for open gate.....$10 at the gate for bona fide John Birch Members......$1000 for Shalom drivers.....$500 for retiring UPS pilots, $50 Euro for Deutcshers, Free if your intitals are JS or /L.

Happy travels..........

Cell Phone for Slits & Ron .... (951) 751-3584
Cell Phone for Glenn .... (951) 208-1413
Cell Phone for Toast .... nevemind, she'll just get you lost
Cell Phone for Professor 914 ....(090) 0U8-12IC
TROJANMAN
This car will be for sale there (1974 1.8 Ljet)
Classified ad coming soon.....................

IPB Image
SLITS
Does it come with the tools and a NOS windshield seal?
TROJANMAN
there is an 'options' list
The windshield seal adds $400 to the price

BTW - This is an impossible car to find new............
It's not a fake replica, and is an original Porsche. Buy it now before it's too late.
Priced for a quick sale.
skline
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 18 2007, 12:27 PM) *

there is an 'options' list
The windshield seal adds $400 to the price

BTW - This is an impossible car to find new............
It's not a fake replica, and is an original Porsche. Buy it now before it's too late.
Priced for a quick sale.

Is this the one that is $500.000? If it is, do you have two of them so I can buy matching ones for the little woman? I can do the buy it now and I do have a PayPal account. av-943.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 18 2007, 01:58 PM) *

Is this the one that is $500.000? If it is, do you have two of them so I can buy matching ones for the little woman? I can do the buy it now and I do have a PayPal account. av-943.gif

The Copper car was $500,000. This one is much, much cheaper.
Pops is going to inherit the copper one. This is his current driver. wink.gif

I do accept paypal. biggrin.gif

(I'll post an ad here later, or you can check Narpville)
SLITS
Hi and greeting from Upper GI. My name is Osama Bent Over and I have a buyer for your car. I will be sending a Cashier's Check for $1,000,000. Please deposit it, take the purchase price out and give the remaining cash to the truck driver that will pick the car up. His name is Shulu Zim Brownieater. He knows what to do after that.
spunone
Well looks like I'll be a no show again and keep all my extra parts till next time ,Must return to Az and finish the paint on the trailer since last time it did'nt get done WTF.gif Do to the fact I was sittin on the side of Hwy 95 with a 6pack beer.gif waitin for a group of 914s to go by the route 66 run .Well 2 hours later nothin back to trailer beer tasted so good we kept drinking beerchug.gif now ya know why I'm a no show bye1.gif end of story happy11.gif
Twystd1
Thats a bummer Paul.

I'm a gunna miss that laugh and your uglier than Aaron mug.

Taint the same without ya buddy..... See if you can make it for the burgers.

Then you and I can pretend we know all about 914s like last time....

Some of those guys actually listened to us.... Who woulda thunk..????

They are probably still looking for the blinker reservoir.

Cheers, Bro..

Clayton
SLITS
It's almost here .....G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FESTIVAL
Toast
Huh???

slits.gif
SLITS
One last bump icon_bump.gif for those that are intelligence disadvantaged.

This is true Capitalism in motion flag.gif ....buy low, sell high, make a ton.
Brando
I will stop by in the AM before work. Maybe I'll get to poke some fun before everyone gets there. I usually get out by the time everyone's packing up and leaving...
Grimstead
Damnit, get off my lawn!
Lou W
icon_bump.gif
So.Cal.914
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

See you all Sunday. smile.gif
Twystd1
I won't be there...

I am going to Ron's (little Oscar Myer) swap meet in Riverslime.

Poke Her game starts at 5:00 PM. I hope she sits still for it.

Twystd1
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Apr 18 2007, 08:34 PM) *

Some of those guys actually listened to us.... Who woulda thunk..????

They are probably still looking for the blinker reservoir.

Cheers, Bro..

Clayton

I found it confused24.gif clap56.gif biggrin.gif
Toast
Is this where we post "wanted" items?

Oh well if its not. Im going to anyway! wink.gif

1.) I need a coil bracket that holds the coil to the engine. But I need one that supports the now-smaller coils versus the much larger original coils.

2.) Shift lever bootie-center consol.

3.) Front sway bar with all the mounting goodies needed to install in a teener never having one before.

4.) Door pannels for both sides.

5.) Speedo cable.

6.) Windshield wiper motor.

See y'all there! wavey.gif
Coffee girl with be there before all y'all so that you cranky bastards can have your damn coffee when you get there. tongue.gif

toast.gif
bd1308
I'm mapquesting directions so I can be there, apparently Riverside spans three counties?
skline
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 28 2007, 08:27 AM) *

I'm mapquesting directions so I can be there, apparently Riverside spans three counties?

Which is why I never trust Mapquest, Riverside is a county all on it's own.

Toast, I have some of the parts you need, speedo cable, wiper motor and maybe your booty? I will bring them with me. So far, it is looking like a go for me. At least in the morning. smile.gif
skline
I just found out that I need to work tomorrow afternoon so I need to be out of there by noon at the latest. So I want everyone there by 11 so I can say hi and catch up at least a little with everyone. Buy my parts that I bring too so I can have money to eat and get gas to go home afterwards too. I am a poor broke Longshore Casual. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
What are you bringing Scott ?
Aaron Cox
i may drop in.....

back is bumping. epidural was marginally effective.
skline
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 28 2007, 08:09 PM) *

What are you bringing Scott ?

Just some misc parts I have leftover that I dont need. More coming to hang out and visit with all you folks.
Brando
I'm not going to make it obviously.

I need a new fuckin job.
sixnotfour
Web Cam for the outa staters ?

a guy on another sight has one poke.gif
you could have phone bidders like BJ
SLITS
Hey RICHARD Your hood will be in my possession on Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.