Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Dawg Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
The other day, when someone brought up an Ebay 914 for sale and mentioned Red Dawg body styles, it got me to looking. You can see without searching.

http://www.reddawgracing.com/

Click on the 914 picture seen there. Nice photos. Now scroll down to concepts.
Very imaginable concepts too.
BigDBass
Interesting:
IPB Image
cooltimes
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Feb 6 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Interesting:
IPB Image

I thought so too. I like the red convertible myself. 999-S (Spyder)
Did you happen to click on the left side menu of that page?
914 ice cream and cake pages too.
nomore9one4
They do have some pretty cool ideas! driving.gif
andys
Where would the engine cooling air intake be on that green car?

Andys
BAM
QUOTE(andys @ Feb 6 2007, 03:59 PM) *

Where would the engine cooling air intake be on that green car?

Andys

I believe it is right under the front bumper, they have a fiberglass shroud that fits under there...

I have dealt with the guys over at Red Dawg, I purchased one of their engine conversion kits for a Chevy 4.6L V6 conversion project I did. Good guys (they are a little out there blink.gif ), but they are very knowledgeable with the things they do.

One of the funny things that happened during our transaction was that they did not know how to ship me all the conversion parts. So one of the guys’ dad drove my stuff from So Cal (somewhere) to my place in Nor Cal in his 80’s Cadillac. It was sure a site to see this guy show up in front of my house in a Cadillac with all my stuff shoved in the back. Parts consisted of engine/trans subchassis, radiator, headers, shrouds, adaptor plate, clutch assembly, hoses, and a box full of bracket and adaptors… That car was loaded!

Got all my stuff and had no complaints with the products or services…

My 2 cents…
nebreitling
OMFG.... icon8.gif barf.gif
nomore9one4
I would love to see more pictures of this..
Crazyhippy
I did a neat little write up of my opinions of Reddawg's "flagship" v-8 car (Yellow "940") Linky Linky

I've seen a few of there cars (had to make them actually work) and I'm not one of their fans. In my personal opinion they are what happens when crack heads decide to modify 914's, and i can completely see them working on cars in the middle of their field @ 4-5am

Just my opinion. I do like the way some of their stuff looks, but i will never buy it, no quality from what I've seen.

BJH alfred.gif
sean_v8_914
I think his name is Gene. He makes a roll bar conversion that allows the factory roll bar to be removed and replaced. he welds in a frame on teh car and one at the base of teh factory roll bar. it has guide pins and a few latches. I think that teh wierd front and rear suspension mods on Renegades hall of shame page are also from red Dawg. one of these pics is on both sites, hmmm

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/indexx.html#
Crazyhippy
I borrowed the interior pic... I love that the Car described is STILL for sale on reddawgs website... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last I saw of the car it was in Montery (ok Marina) sitting behind a metal shop. Heard a few people offered to buy it to possibly part out, but never got confirmation.

Poor car confused24.gif so much money thrown at it in vain. chair.gif

BJH
sean_v8_914
yup, scarry...yet interestingk
Joe Bob
Siggy Freud was a cokehead.....
Sherlock Holmes like speedballs......

But you have to have SOME brains to begin with.
cooltimes
Why are the only complaints we see against a business on 914 sites almost always another business related competitors of the one receiving all the complaints.

I could care less since I have no committment of loyalty to any vendor but just thought all this constant complaining keeps appearing one sided and generally from competative group.

I do understand when people don't get what they pay for they should complain and that the company should either send them another product better than the one they received or refund their money promptly. It should never be someone that competes for that same business customer that does the complaining.

Mike Cooley
dflesburg
I like the GT-1 Concept.... hmmm my car is almost done... what will I do with my time then?

I think if you left the splitter off and used smooth rockers this would be very cool...

Oh yeah, bag the big wing...

IPB Image

dflesburg
Siggy Freud was a cokehead.....
Sherlock Holmes like speedballs......

But you have to have SOME brains to begin with.

Sherlock Holmes wasn't a real person.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Feb 6 2007, 09:02 PM) *

Why are the only complaints we see against a business on 914 sites almost always another business related competitors of the one receiving all the complaints.

I could care less since I have no committment of loyalty to any vendor but just thought all this constant complaining keeps appearing one sided and generally from competative group.

I do understand when people don't get what they pay for they should complain and that the company should either send them another product better than the one they received or refund their money promptly. It should never be someone that competes for that same business customer that does the complaining.

Mike Cooley

That was my writing, and my thoughts. I was working for Renegade @ the time, so i put it on the website. I have no problems w/ somone doing quality work... They DESTROYED a rust free tub and then sold it to an unsuspecting guy for Top Dollar. This i have a problem w/...

And dont think of it as complaining, I'm not, i got payed for my time fixing their mistakes. Think of it as a free education, and potential insight into how not to do things.

BJH beerchug.gif
gopack
it is the top right pictureI may be a little OFF, but i like this one!

IPB Image

It was the sportwagon looking thing, but the link seems FUBAR

it is the top right picture
BigDBass
i think he means this one:
IPB Image
gopack
OK, the keyboard jocky wins this round....
I gotta know how come yours worked and mine didn't. looks liek the same IMG code to me.???

SCORE:
chemist 1
IT jocky 1
BigDBass
Your image link was:
CODE
[img]http://http://home.earthlink.net/~reddawgbytes/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wagon934lift.jpg[/img]
Notice the extra "http://" which is actually populated automatically by the Insert Image button. Gotta clear that out when you paste the image URL.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Feb 7 2007, 12:19 PM) *

IPB Image

Ugh!!! barf.gif Makes a 914 wub.gif look like a 944!!!

cooltimes
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Feb 7 2007, 12:03 PM) *

Mike Cooley

That was my writing, and my thoughts. I was working for Renegade @ the time, so i put it on the website. I have no problems w/ somone doing quality work... They DESTROYED a rust free tub and then sold it to an unsuspecting guy for Top Dollar. This i have a problem w/...

And dont think of it as complaining, I'm not, i got payed for my time fixing their mistakes. Think of it as a free education, and potential insight into how not to do things.

BJH beerchug.gif

That's cool.
My post was related but not directly at your post. I am thinking that almost every time there is bitching on any 914 site, the one complaining is generally competitor related. Competition has all forms from the biggie to the one man in the back yard selling parts. Been doing the 914 sites on line since Hank invented Porschephiles and it is always the same ones that do most of the hollering. I do notice that I never see the much bigger 914 parts vendors bitching about their competition.

All above is just my opinion and what I see when the whining happens. It has no bearing on what another opinion might be because just like mine, opinions are just that, one persons view out of billions and as long as I am not personally attacked for expressing mine, I will respect all other's opinions different from mine.

gopack
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 7 2007, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Feb 7 2007, 12:19 PM) *

IPB Image

Ugh!!! barf.gif Makes a 914 wub.gif look like a 944!!!

I guess it goes back to my teen years when I saw this:

IPB Image

in a car magazine!
914-8
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Feb 7 2007, 10:03 AM) *

Mike Cooley

BJH beerchug.gif

What years did you work at Renegade?
Crazyhippy
00-05... good times.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.