Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I know people are desperate but ....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
OK i have seen some questionable evilbay listings but .. WTF.gif --- this guy is claiming to have 25 "new" outside door handles ... no locks , not stated as NOS ... but ooooo shiny huh.gif

"new" door handle
Eric_Shea
That doesn't seem lika a Parts Heaven thing to do... confused24.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 6 2007, 03:02 PM) *

are they normally a pretty reliable source for parts or always a little questionable?
SirAndy
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Feb 6 2007, 03:04 PM) *

are they normally a pretty reliable source for parts or always a little questionable?

huh? why would that be questionable?

they're a porsche dismantler. they have cut up 100s of 914s over the years. i'm sure they got quite a few door handles.

please enlighten me, what do you think is wrong with that ad?
confused24.gif Andy
BAM

I know the guys at PartsHeaven and they are all good guys to deal with, however they can be pricy… Maybe I need to start selling door handles? biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 6 2007, 03:12 PM) *

huh? why would that be questionable?

they're a porsche dismantler. they have cut up 100s of 914s over the years. i'm sure they got quite a few door handles.

please enlighten me, what do you think is wrong with that ad?
confused24.gif Andy

I thought it was questionable because of the stament of being "new" ... which I would think is trying to indicate NOS ... seems a bit a bit misleading and coupled with the high-ish price ..it might lead people to beleive NOS as well ... thats all
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If you look at the the way the flap and the base line up you will see that they are not as perfect as the factory new. The ones they are selling are probably our repro pieces that they have assembled with our kit. We had 5000 of the bases and the flaps and have always made the door latch cam, and then provide a special rivit bolt for attaching everything!
So...they can advertise as new but sell a repro.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Feb 6 2007, 03:34 PM) *

took me a while to even see that footnote ... rolleyes.gif

i don't know maybe it's just me, or the pic of the cut in half doors and the chipped paint and the lock missing, but i would have *never* assumed those were NEW.

the title doesn't state "new", the ad doesn't state "new", the pics show a obviously used part ...

i think they just forgot to fill in the fineprint, the "Condition" field is something that ebay fills with a default value if you don't specify it ...

like i said, i would have never even remotely assumed those were new ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
914Sixer
I think they should have probably be listed as remanufactured. You disassemble all the broken parts, send them out for replating. Buy the number of kits you need, reassemble them and away you go. As a side bar you can buy new complete ones for $200.
rick 918-S
Someone could just call them and ask. I happen to know that Chappy is looking for a perfect NOS outside handle. If they are new he'll want to get in on this one.
SGB
I sent them a nicely worded question. We'll see...
iamchappy
I already bought a very nice brand new old stock drivers handle, and a piece of crap brand new new stock passenger handle. The new handles look like junk compared to the old ones.
I think George was right pointing out that the flaps and the cylinder unit on the ones pictured from Parts Haven dont look to match up well....
Eric_Shea
What I meant was... they've always been good guys with both parts and prices. That seems a bit steep to me. It doesn't seem like your average PH deal.
Mueller
one of the last P-car places that have a swapmeet sad.gif

I've never had a problem with them, it's best to go into the store if you can, better deals or so it seems...they'll let you walk around the yard and look at the salvaged cars for parts....even got a few free 911 aluminum lug nuts from them one time when I mentioned I was short a complete set smile.gif
iamchappy
If they really are new, the real thing, and nice and they have 25 pairs I wonder if they would be interested in a group buy.
iamchappy
I found out from the source that they are reproduction handles, and they will make the correction on the listing.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 7 2007, 08:23 AM) *

I found out from the source that they are reproduction handles, and they will make the correction on the listing.

there we go! And I am sure that there are over 5000 of the repros available so no supplier is going to run out any time soon that is for sure
URY914
George,

You said you think those may be your repo flappers. How come they were made slightly smaller than the original flappers? Are your repos pot metal too?

Paul
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SGB @ Feb 6 2007, 06:31 PM) *

I sent them a nicely worded question. We'll see...

I have never had them answer a question on their EBay Auctions. Nicely worded probably will not help. I would just call them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.