Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper tits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ray Warren
has anyone ever removed the tits from there
front bumper and pluged the holes with chrome caps?
pics?
Brad Roberts
We have removed the tits, But I dont recall what we had to do to fill the holes. I think the chrome caps only are sold in standard sizes here in the states... so we had to make a slightly larger hole and fit a chrome cap.

Typically I have the re-chrome shop weld the holes up when we have the bumper re-done.

B
rhodyguy
you can use a 3/8" plastic button. available in any color you want as long as it's black. perhaps you could spray paint it chrome.

kevin
Joe Ricard
Like these?
bernbomb914
WOW are those real?????

Bernie
Joe Ricard
R U ?
Joe Ricard
S T U P I D ?
campbellcj
I used plated carriage bolts to fill the tittie holes on my previous teener. It looked pretty nice, but one thing to be aware of is that the chrome will most likely not be in the identical condition under the titties. Also if the bumper was ever so much as tapped in a parking lot, there could be a small depression or crease visible when you remove the rubber tits.

IPB Image
Ray Warren
i removed the tits today and for some strange reason
the metal underneath them is not nice and smooth like
the rest of the bumper. yet when they are on they look
perfectly straight and it doesn't seem like they have
ever been removed before.
about how much does it cost to re chrome a bumper?
(no rust or dents)
Brad Roberts
It runs us up too 500$ per bumper to have them redone locally. They are however PERFECT when they are done. Typically I can point out a re-chromed bumper from 10 feet. The ones we have done.. appear concourse perfect.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.