Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Call...who's going to GGR TT @ Infineon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I finally got off the fence and signed up for the Infineon TT on February 24th and 25th. I won't be at the track on the 24th for practice as I'll be at a wedding, but I will be there Sunday for the 2 practices in the morning and timed runs.

Who else is going?

Bill P.

DanT
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Feb 6 2007, 06:23 PM) *

I finally got off the fence and signed up for the Infineon TT on February 24th and 25th. I won't be at the track on the 24th for practice as I'll be at a wedding, but I will be there Sunday for the 2 practices in the morning and timed runs.

Who else is going?

Bill P.

I will be there on Saturday instructing, motor is in pieces and some of it is at home and some of it is at the machine shop clap56.gif I hope Jay gets moving on my stuff.

nine14cats
Why are there so many newbies waitlisted? Not enough instructors?

Bill P.
DanT
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Feb 6 2007, 06:45 PM) *

Bill P.

I see only 17 instructors currently signed up...that greatly limits the number of newbie TTers or DEers.
That would be a total of 17 students only...at this point. At any normal TT we usually have anywhere from 25-30 instructors.

where are all those folks that wanted a new TT chair and CDI? Oh thats right, you weren't really TTing anymore now were you? Sorry couldn't resist.
I look at the list of attendees and there are a lot of unfamiliar (newbie) names on there.
nine14cats
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Feb 6 2007, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Feb 6 2007, 06:45 PM) *

Bill P.

I see only 17 instructors currently signed up...that greatly limits the number of newbie TTers or DEers.
That would be a total of 17 students only...at this point. At any normal TT we usually have anywhere from 25-30 instructors.

where are all those folks that wanted a new TT chair and CDI? Oh thats right, you weren't really TTing anymore now were you? Sorry couldn't resist.
I look at the list of attendees and there are a lot of unfamiliar (newbie) names on there.

On the road to oblivion....

GGR wants/needs new blood. They actually get a shit load of new applicants only to turn them away because they can't accomodate them. Back down to 60 entrants instead of close to 90 because not enough intstructors? Bad news.....

If it's DE for the first part of the weekend, why can't GGR take all the newbies and do a 5 car follow the instructor grouping like other clubs do?

Bill P.
DanT
hasn't been part of our structure over the last 30 years. It is hard to change.
I don't particularly like the "ducks in a row" since as an instructor I have no direct control/contact with the other 4 students. Telling someone to "do as I do" is not the same as saying it in their ear as they do it....real time feedback, is the only way to go. At least for me.

yes, we need more instructors. I suggest you apply to become an instructor Bill. smile.gif
There are several folks that should be instructors, like Jeff Reitmeir, Jim Lane and some others. I think Jeff just doesn't want to bother...of no one has ever asked him. I am going to make a point of bugging him and Jim this season.

SirAndy
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Feb 6 2007, 06:23 PM) *

Who else is going?

i'll come home from my new zealand vacation on the 24th ...

so no, i won't be there ...
smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.