Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alt cooling boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KevinP
Ok--somebody help this blind DA (me) find a cooling boot that goes from the alt to the fan housing! I know I saw one listed on either the Pelican site or Jake's site but I can't find it now.... never can find it when you need it!

TIA

KP
So.Cal.914
Got one from AA and Performance Products.
type47
i saw an offering of the boot at airheadparts.com. i was looking at Hot VW's magazine and saw a blurb about the boot made out of Viton. less than $20 if i recall.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:40 AM) *

i saw an offering of the boot at airheadparts.com. i was looking at Hot VW's magazine and saw a blurb about the boot made out of Viton. less than $20 if i recall.

Yes we always stock plenty of them. There are many suppliers out there as well who have them. Please no one ever worry about getting 914 parts! There is always a source out there. The cars are much to popular for many not to take up the cause!
type47
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 7 2007, 05:48 AM) *

Please no one ever worry about getting 914 parts! There is always a source out there. The cars are much to popular for many not to take up the cause!

i worry about finding thermostats and CV joints....

and the end caps for later doors...
Hammy

QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:40 AM) *

Yes we always stock plenty of them. There are many suppliers out there as well who have them. Please no one ever worry about getting 914 parts! There is always a source out there. The cars are much to popular for many not to take up the cause!

I think that was true 10 or 20 years ago. So many have been cut up by now.
So.Cal.914
Got mine in 1982 and I would see a few here and there. By 92 I rairly saw

another on the road. I think I see more now, and sence I 've been here I

have read of alot more interest in these little cars than I have ever seen.

Pretty Cool.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:57 AM) *

Please no one ever worry about getting 914 parts! There is always a source out there. The cars are much to popular for many not to take up the cause!

i worry about finding thermostats and CV joints....

and the end caps for later doors...

yes the joints have been discontinued but luckily the cv axle suppliers bought up many of the axles years ago so there are a good supply of rebuilt axles still out there and some of the parts were the same as 914s so they are really nice when rebuilt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.