Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In-Car Video at Thunderhill going CW (reverse) direction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
Here are two laps of Thunderhill Raceway at last year's PCA TT going in the CW (reverse) direction. This is a direction that isn't run as much but I do like going this way. The track looks and feels quite a bit different. Practice temps were in the high 90's during the morning and the actual TT was run in something like 103 degrees.... laugh.gif

These are videos from the cockpit of our 911 and I'm behind my Time Trial buddy Greg Adams in his beautiful 911 3.6L. Greg's car has the same motor as mine (1995 993 3.6) but weighs about 175lbs more. He's got carbon fiber flares but it's still street legal and he drives it to the events. Greg is an excellent driver and all season we would tag team running together, taking turns leading each other and having fun.

The first lap is us catching up with some traffic. The 2nd lap is a clear lap for us. Notice that Greg's car can't take the inside line like mine can. That's because he is on Dot-R's and I'm on slicks. I also had the advantage of coilovers while Greg is still on T-bars. During the morning Greg's best laps were in the 2:09's and mine were in the 2:07's (CW). When it got over 103 degrees during the Time Trials, Greg ended up running a 2:12 timed run and I ran a 2:09. Maybe the slicks do slightly better in heat. All I know is that I was hotter than hell in the car!.... laugh.gif

Take a look....

Thunderhill Clockwise Lap 1

Thunderhill Clockwise Lap 2
DanT
good stuff Bill,
we could have had you down to a 2:05 easy.
Now it is up to Warren biggrin.gif
degreeoff
Damn I near jumped out of my seat for that blind right turn....woulda scared the shit out of me!
nine14cats
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 26 2007, 06:51 PM) *

Damn I near jumped out of my seat for that blind right turn....woulda scared the shit out of me!

Yeah...going up the hills in the reverse direction is really a great time! I had never driven Thunderhill in the reverse direction and I really had fun. The lap times seem to be lower for everyone by 2 to 3 seconds a lap, but it's nice to change it up and try something new.

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.