Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Strut/Caliper Identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
So, I picked up a set of 1974 911 Boge struts. The part number on them confirmed through PET that they are indeed from a 1974 (PN 911-341-080-08). The description in PET for these struts says "shock absorber strut -Boge- for A caliper".
BUT, the calipers are 3" center-to-center on the mounting holes. I thought 74 cars had A or S calipers @ 3.5"? I've read many a threads here that says 74 & up are A or S calipers.

What am I missing here?

Kev
John
I thought the 74 were 3" spacing. I know when the SC came out (78) they were 3.5" spacing.

My dad's 74 is 3", and the one in the classifieds is 3".

Anyone know what year they switched to 3.5"?
Dave_Darling
Any car with "S" brakes had 3.5" spacing. The "M" calipers were, I think, still the "standard" parts for some 911s up through 75 or so? Perhaps later. Dig through Anderson's 911 Handbook if you want to know when the switch-over occurred.

--DD
Eric_Shea
What am I missing here?

.5" wink.gif
kconway
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 7 2007, 07:56 AM) *

What am I missing here?

.5" wink.gif

LOL....nice. Thats good news since I sent those 3.5"-.5" calipers to you to rebuild. I'm picking up strut inserts and it would be real nice to know for sure what I should be buying.

Eric, make them gold pleeezz.

Kev
Eric_Shea
Well, if the calipers you sent came off those struts then it's a simple Boge 3" strut. Let them know when you order.

Gold... got it wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.