Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bluegrass Classic 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Please contact me via email if youd like to help....

please?

britt.gif

b
SGB

Wouldja remind me what the date of said event is forecast to be?

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Feb 7 2007, 09:41 AM) *

Please contact me via email if youd like to help....

please?

britt.gif

b
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
As soon as a firm date is set let us know,last yrs. time May, was good for me.
For those who couldn't be there last yr. , the drive thro the country side near Lexington was amazing. DAVE slap.gif
rwjames
Britt,

Do you have any plans for the event yet? I talked to Robby yesterday and he said he would like the drive to start out from the Horse Park again.

I'm not sure how much I can help you from Alabama, but I still have some guys in Louisville that may be able to provide some financial and planning assistance. I also have a couple door prizes I can donate.

I will email my cell number to you.

Rich
911quest
I can possibly help I can get a few others to help also Britt contact me thru PM I have some questions
rwjames
Tony,

Chuck, Darnell, and John have expressed interest in helping Britt, but we have been playing phone and email tag and I haven't been able to get everyone together with Britt.

I also talked to Robby in Lexington yesterday and he is pretty busy, but may be able to help some.

Let me know if there is anything I can do from here in Alabama. They had 6 cars last year and they should be able to at least double that number this year.

Thanks for stepping up and helping Britt put this together.

beerchug.gif
911quest
Yeah I talked to John today and said he's up for it. Chuck has mentioned it at the last PCA meeting so it would be cool if we could pull some more cars in from that direction I just didn't want to step on any toes. But Iam willing to help.
robby750
I don't know where Britt went???? Anyway, if the event is held in Lexington, I can provide a nice place to meet (the Horse Park), info on nearby Hotels, plan out a driving route, pick some nice restaurants/drinking establishments etc.
rwjames
I think Britt has been pretty busy at work. I just talked to him and will forward Chuck's cell phone number to him. Britt will get in contact with everyone through Chuck and get things going.

I'm sure Britt could use some corporate financial assistance from the Porsche dealership or other areas.

Tony, you need to get Britt to a PCA function and introduce him to everyone. The KY PCA group isn't like any other region I have seen. I think 90% of the active some odd 25 members of KYPCA own a Porsche built prior to 1985, so there a lot of 914 fans. I wish I could say the same thing about the local Alabama PCA group.
DerekKim
I can't help but if it is after May and I am not off shore I would love to go!
bd1308
Wait till the PCA folks get a look at my car! laugh.gif

daily driver too

rwjames
Britt, that will just earn some extra respect from those guys. Right now, I believe all their 914's are on jack stands so at least your car runs.

I just emailed the contact info to you.

Rich
Bertus
Britt,

I'd be willing to lend a hand. Just let me know.

Bert
911quest
Dont sweat it I drove one of rich james old cars for year daily thats what there made for
dwillouby
Britt,
I dont have a lot of free time. Let me know what you need and I will do my best to help.

David

PS.. My car has been accepted in the Carl Casper Auto show in Louisville Feb 23,24,25.
rwjames
QUOTE(911quest @ Feb 9 2007, 04:29 PM) *

Dont sweat it I drove one of rich james old cars for year daily thats what there made for

Yeh Britt, your 914 can't be any worse looking than my old '73 1.7. It's what you would call a 150 yarder. Looked good from a few blocks away, but not so great up close.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I still can't believe you and Chuck drove it like that without fixing the driver's side inner rocker area. I was afraid the car would break in half.
911quest
Hell I never even fixed the front suspension mounts. I even only had heat working on one side of the windscreen

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I still can't believe you and Chuck drove it like that without fixing the driver's side inner rocker area. I was afraid the car would break in half.

Rusty
icon_bump.gif for Britt.
akellym
We really enjoyed last year. Looking forward to coming down there again.
robby750
Britt and I discussed this on Feb.26. We decided on the event being held the weekend of May 12 and 13. He was supposed to announce it a couple of weeks ago! Same location, Kentucky Horse Park. Hope to see everyone who attended last year and hopefully many more.
Jamie
QUOTE(robby750 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:06 AM) *

Britt and I discussed this on Feb.26. We decided on the event being held the weekend of May 12 and 13. He was supposed to announce it a couple of weeks ago! Same location, Kentucky Horse Park. Hope to see everyone who attended last year and hopefully many more.

Robby- those dates are actually good for me this year, and I might be able to help with some arrangements- just keep in touch. clap56.gif
Greg808
QUOTE(robby750 @ Mar 8 2007, 10:06 AM) *

headbang.gif Dang I can't make it that weekend, Mothers day and my son's B-day.
I was so hoping for the first weekend of May. I miss seeing you guy's and so wanted to show off my six. chairfall.gif I guess I will have to catch up to you guy's at Fall Foliage again. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif icon8.gif
robby750
QUOTE(Greg808 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:37 PM) *

I was so hoping for the first weekend of May. I miss seeing you guy's and so wanted to show off my six. chairfall.gif I guess I will have to catch up to you guy's at Fall Foliage again. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

What a wonderful chance to show Mother and son how much you love them by bringing them to the beautiful Bluegrass for their special days!!
bd1308
This is very true---VERY nice trip indeed.
Greg808
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 8 2007, 09:12 PM) *

This is very true---VERY nice trip indeed.

Hey Britt, This is me remember aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

smoke.gif
Greg808
QUOTE(robby750 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Greg808 @ Mar 8 2007, 08:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What a wonderful chance to show Mother and son how much you love them by bringing them to the beautiful Bluegrass for their special days!!

Hey Robby, You are right and my car is an official 2+1 with 3 sets of belts.

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif
akellym
biggrin.gif I'm hoping we won't be the only one coming from Minnesota. If anyone else is planning on going PM me, maybe we play bumper tag on the way down
bd1308
Yeah I remember, it was a fine looking car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.