Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 verses car trailer. 1 to 0, guess who won?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Can you say oh $hit? !!!!!

Nieghbor helped me push my 914 up on my trailer, thought everthing was going good until I hear a crunch!!!!! I thought it was the air dam and just shrugged my shoulders and said "oh well, it was cracked already...."

Guess what?, it was the fender that decided to play tag (and lost) with the uprights for the tire carrier....

Needless to say, the fender is pretty well toast, it's hard to tell from the crappy pictures
(I'll take better one in the daylight) but the fender is perfectly straight now, no signs of curvature at the point of contact.....paint is toast sad.gif

pic 1:
Mueller
Pic 2:
rick 918-S
May as well sell it now. (kidding laugh.gif ) Where are you hauling it?
Mueller
It's finally getting the FULL CAGE !!! smile.gif

I should cut off the tire carrier before I have to put the car back onto the trailer once the cage is finished smash.gif

well, I did say I wanted to paint my car bright orange ohmy.gif
redshift
hey... you said it was boring.

smile.gif

M
rick 918-S
Things have a way of sorting themselves out. ying/yang I like orange cars.
Brad Roberts
Rice Wheels Revolt clap56.gif clap56.gif They hate being on a German car.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. and its VERSUS.

B
John Kelly
Hi Mike,

That's not toast! I was expecting to see a real ugly picture. It won't be too difficult to fix, although I'm sure that's not much comfort. I like the wheels.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
machina
sorry about your fender. I came 1/16" away from doing the same thing the first time I put the 914 on my new trailer. I only have about 2.5" each side, live and learn.

now when I drive the car up, I hang 1/2 way out the window and leave about 1.5" on the driver's side, that way I know the other side is going to clear.

dr
Chris914n6
Mike, did you post pics of the car with the rice wheels somewhere already??

Glad to see someone is making progress on their crazy ideas for 914s lol

Chris
Mueller
Hey Chris,

I have a few pictures, but they are not too good, when I get the car back on Monday, I'll take more pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.