Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible idea for fundraising?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
everyone in my dorm keeps complaing to me that i have nothing on my walls, which is true, and i'm sure most of the guys around here have space on their garage walls for a 914club poster, maybe something to look into brad or kelzey, you know, in the milli-second of free time you have in the day? be about the only thing worthy to go on my walls, whadda ya think?
Brad Roberts
It's a great idea Bio..

Right now the focus is on finishing up the Ecomm. This is one of those items that would be sold thru the site.

I'll watch the artsy fartsy thread and see if they come up with something I like (Like Dave Shepards silver 9146 conversion car sideways) Color out GPR at the top and color out the camera holder... we would have winner.

B
rick 918-S
I've always wanted to do that. I had a custom BMW 2002 for awhile. I came inches from doing a poster of that car. At the time the investment was around $ 2000.00 for a nice run. (12 years ago) No real outlet to sell them like there is now though. That's what held me back. It's not hard. You just need the right camera/film combo and a print company. Oh ya and time and money.....
Here's a quick picture after I took first place away From the Archer Brothers Concours TR 250 at a local Car show. We call the color Bavarian Mint. (German Cooool lol3.gif ) (1957 Fender Stratocaster Color)
rhodyguy
GREAT IDEA!!!! run an interest thread!!! many will say " i want one!!! count me in!!!". then take YOUR $2000 and have them made up. they will ALL BE GONE before you know it!!! laugh.gif

kevin headbang.gif
Jeroen
I've done posters before... no big deal and with todays printing technologies it's not needed to have big #'s printed to get a decent price...

Here's some of the designs I did

All I need is a decent pic...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
'nuthter...

(Bleyseng knows this car)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
I did both in 24x33 inch and 11x16 inch

The 11x16 inch could be done pretty cheaply... the bigger one will run a bit more expensive, but not rediculously and the coolness of the size makes up for the price

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
we could print the 914Club that i designed around the time we started the fundraiser for Dave.

don't know where the pic is, gotta find one.

13x19
Air_Cooled_Nut
I have the one AA used to sell (maybe still does?) of the six 914's in the gravel yard. I had it mounted and put into a thin silver (Titanium-look) frame. Looks great!

Getting a good image and good composition is tricky. Good luck, sounds like a neat idea smile.gif
grayson
Theres not enough 914 art. The only problem with making a large print of a photo is it would have to be at least 300dpi unless you go artsy and use vectors =)

IPB Image
seanery
150 dpi should be enough. I usually print at 360 dpi unless it is small, then I print much higher res.
grayson
Either way the dpi should be high =) which is why I'm glad I specialize in the dynamic dpi arts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.