Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia... Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Folks, here's the deal. As best as we can, we've been trying to ensure that the Porsche 914 entry at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914) has been kept fairly neutral.

Lately, several someones, including a person with the user ID Greg Treadway, have been going in and changing a lot of the links. I'm not accusing Greg, just mentioning that is the user ID on the logs.

In the last day, someone again deleted the links to ClubNARP and 914World... and but left the 914Club link in place (with the 914World tagline attached). I put it back the way it was, and to be fair, left 914club.com link there.

We're all trying to live in peace, so this kind of vandalism and editorialism is uncalled for. It puts our community in poor light. If you happen to think of it, would you mind checking in on the Wiki entry from time to time and see if someone has vandalized it? Check the actual links, not just the text, as some stuff can be hidden.

If you do decide to do some editing on the Wikipedia page, please create a login and use it. That way we can see who is posting what. smile.gif

thanks,
Rusty smoke.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Feb 8 2007, 12:57 AM) *

In the last day, someone again deleted the links to ClubNARP and 914World... and but left the 914Club link in place (with the 914World tagline attached).
thanks,
Rusty smoke.gif

Oh there is a surprize, its a real shame that some people never grow up. confused24.gif
mrhurtalot
geezus...
drew365
What's a Wikipedia? Guess you can tell by the question it wasn't me making changes. biggrin.gif
brer
Its called

WIKILOBBYING

an unfortuneate but accepted form of advertising.
aircooledboy
914/6 models used a similar suspension and brakes to the 911, giving the car handling and braking superiority over the 4-cylinder Volkswagen models in addition to higher power output

Is this accurate? I know the brakes were different, but I thought that is the extent of the difference.
mrhurtalot
wiki pedia is amazing. thats what it is.

acutally its a free encyclopedia open to all to edit and stuff. but its pretty slick how they can catch fake stuff. go ahead and try it on something random.

in like 5 min itll be gone already!
fiid
How about you don't vandalize wikipedia to see how good a job they do of removing your vandalism.... Thats about the same as tagging your neighbors house to see how quick he cleans it off.... not exactly a nice thing to do.

Playing games with Wikipedia is so fucking infantile.. I wish people would grow up.
If you want to see how good wikipedia's content control is - find a topic that hasn't been written about and write an original article for it, and then see how quickly it gets improved. I have an article out there (Pilot Fish of all things) which got significantly better since I wrote it originally - it's really cool what collaboration can achieve.

Unfortunately - some 914 clubs clearly don't believe in collaboration.
Eric_Shea
Is this accurate? I know the brakes were different, but I thought that is the extent of the difference.

No. Having owned a factory six and building another, I can't see how the handling is superior. My factory six came with no swaybars. Handling was god aweful.
Crazyhippy
Right now someone has the club link pointed to the world...

C'mon guys... Play nice
Rusty
You must be looking at an older cached version.

I went through the links last night and again moments ago. They're clean.
Eric_Shea
fix it. wink.gif
Crazyhippy
You must be looking at an older cached version.

I went through the links last night and again moments ago. They're clean.

Strange, never been to the wikipedia before, but my computer had a cached page...
You are correct, everything looks ok now.

fix it.

I'm a bit extreeme in my thoughts on the 914, and not sure i should be speaking on behalf of the car, or the communities. Might end up w/ everyone looking at brand new subarus and thinking... DONOR!!! Which will drive motor prices up, which I cant afford right now. LOL
Trekkor
I noticed that *right* after the 914clubsite was changed and the "world" site emerged, the link on Wiki was pointing to "world" as if it were "the" 914 site with no mention of 914club.com at all.

This is old news, vandals.

KT
SLITS
Personally, I think I'll link them all to the X1/9 Club .... then only Aaron would be pissed.

Club vs World vs Narp vs ??? What a pile of shit ...the war is over ....the battles have been lost ... there are a few that need to get a life.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif with her... just put them all up there, leave them alone and stfu.gif
dflesburg
doesnt he work for Automobile Atlanta... I am sure he is the same guy that sold me three "new" rusty dirty seatbelt latches....
Crazyhippy
doesnt he work for Automobile Atlanta...

used too, know runs his own thing... GTPerformance, who magically are linked too from Wiki...Hmmm....
dflesburg
I don't like that guy....

If I ever meet him... alfred.gif
jhadler
Oh come on now! Stop fuchin' with the Wiki page and leave it alone!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

==

* 914world.com - The smallest and most inactive 914 Community on the Web
* 914Club.com, LLC
* ClubNARP
* RoadGlue
* The 914 Owner's Association website
* Porsche Club of America - National Site

==

Play nice, or don't play at all.

-Josh2
swood
stirthepot.gif
TROJANMAN
you guys should just delete this thread.
whoever is going to fuch with it, is going to fuch with it no matter what.
whoever is going to watch it, is going to watch it.
This thread just encourages more people to fuch with and serves as a forum to stir speculation as to who might be doing it. There are now 374 914 websites to choose from, LIVE WITH IT!!!!
But it is kind of annoying when other people change your links dry.gif

Time to go back to Narpville tongue.gif
Trekkor
you guys should just delete this thread

They like to delete the threads where they are shown to have been supporters of the 914club before the split...

Like last night.

KT
ClayPerrine
Trek,
I am going to say this, and I want you to understand that this is my PERSONAL statement, not an official pronouncement of the Admin staff here. (And I am entiteled to my personal opinion).

Please, quit stirring up shit. Everyone here is tired of the drama. You seem to be the only one who keeps digging up that turd and waving it under everyone's noses.

If you don't like the way things are run here, then don't let the virtual door hit you in your virtual ass on your virtual way out. 914club.com and clubnarp.com are still there waiting for you to participate.

I am NOT going to use my admin privileges to delete your post or censor you in any way. But you did something that no one else has ever managed to do here. You made my personal ignore list.

Maybe when you are not so bitter you can participate here. Until then.... Adios.

Disclaimer - The opinions expressed in this post are my personal opinions and should not be taken as official admin policy or opinions.

Trekkor
So if I bump the thread where Brad introduces you as a new admin to "914club", you won't delete that?

This is all just too silly.

KT
ClayPerrine
Click to view attachment
Trekkor
laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

blink.gif
Martin Baker
Trekkor, he IS right Man...you should chill. I have been silent because I don't like all the crap that has ZERO to do with a 914. None of it, and I don't want my name drug around saying I said this, or that, if it pisses 95% of the folks reading it off, but I write this as a friend Man. The link to your thread on the club.com was in poor taste as well. EVERYONE knows where you hang out, because you made it HEADLINE NEWS. If someone wants to read about your roll bar, they'll see it when they are surfing club.com. I know SEVERAL folks told you to just chill before. I am not telling you, and I am not asking it, I am saying what I see. Constructive critisim has always been helpful for me. Maybe painful, but helpful looking @ the big picture...
swood
QUOTE(trekkor @ Feb 9 2007, 09:27 PM) *

This is all just too silly.

KT

So then knock it the heck off! chair.gif

mrs.K.gif
Trekkor
So if I read you, only post opinions that are acceptable to the majority?

If people like me just slink away it will be just one big pat on the back party.

"What do you think about this?"
"I like it"
"Me too"
"Cool"

I am silly...

KT
Trekkor
Hey, I'm sorry if people think that posting a link to my project on another website is in poor taste. I don't feel that way at all.

Nobody seems to complain about the links to the latest E-Bay horror sales that club members enjoy posting.

At least mine was a legit 914 project.
I don't want to cross post my entire thread.

I linked to it from two other BBS's I frequent, FYI.

KT
Jenny
Trek, if you don't like it here, stop posting! Like others have said, there are plenty of other sites you deem more worthy, so post there. I would not continue going to a restaurant where I hated the food, just to sit and complain to other patrons how shitty the food is. I'd just never go back, and frequent other restaurants that are more to my liking.

You don't have to agree with the majority here to stay. This has nothing to do with that. The majority of members here buy their parts at auto parts stores, for example. You don't. Difference in opinion. Fine. Live and let live. We are not asking you to leave. But if you're not satisfied with this site, why do you still post here? Why not go to your happy place (which obviously resides at club.com)?

Jen
Trekkor
Hmmm... Fair question and a good illustration. ( Hi Jenny )

It's not that I don't like it here. I keep quiet about the stuff that went on for the most part.

Sometimes, when people make comments that I find to be opinionated and one sided that border on offensive, I will repectfully state my opinion.

How the vast majority are able to go on like nothing happened and swallow everything that's being fed them, I don't understand.

Am I correct in understanding that the preferred manner of discussion here should be: "No disagreements"?

Thanks

KT

Rusty
Trekkor,

People are ready for peace. No more shit-stirring, no more squabbling, no more BS. They just want to get along where they've chosen to hang out.

Please respect that.

-Lawrence
Trekkor
Oh, and I DO buy most of my parts from the store.
I just choose to make some of my own parts that most don't run on their car in any form regardless of the source. smile.gif

KT
Trekkor
Please respect that.

Roger that...

Rusty
My thread was meant to ask assistance with an issue, not to become anyone's personal soapbox for ANY particular point of view.

As it's since become a trainwreck, consider it closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.