Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber Seal Glue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Because the windshield frame seal is no longer available and AA's seal is not ready yet, I've purchased a good used seal that is in two pieces. The left vertical piece is separated from the top horizontal piece at the factory seam. I need to glue the two pieces back together but am wondering what type of glue I should use.

Can someone who has successfully done this help?

Thanks,
j.
rhodyguy
i found SHOE GOO worked pretty well. give the repair at least the 24 hours the instructions call for. i let mine sit for 3 days before i installed the seal. seems to be holding up just fine.

k
So.Cal.914
Wet suit glue, you can get it at your local surf shop...Oh...aaah, nevermind.
jagalyn
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 8 2007, 08:40 AM) *

Is there a particular brand that works?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Feb 8 2007, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Feb 8 2007, 08:40 AM) *

Is there a particular brand that works?

They are all pretty much the same, ask the guy at the counter what he uses.

John
Could someone in California (who knows what kind of wetsuit glue works well) send me a tube of it? Out here in Kansas City, we are ocean deprived and don't have any such thing as a surf shop. There is little demand for wetsuits here.

I too have some seals that need some repairing.

I would be much obliged.

Thank you very much.
So.Cal.914
For you land-locked boys & girls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquaseal-WET-SUIT-REPA...3QQcmdZViewItem

Free Shipping!!
John
Ok,

So this is the stuff that works? I'd kinda like to know before I spend that kind of cash....
Katmanken
Clean the crap outa the gluing area. A PHD in glueolology taught me "A glue bond is no better than the surface the glue is placed on."

Smear fingerprint grease across a gluing surface and you WILL glue to the fingerprint grease. How strong do you think the layer of fingerprint grease is betwen the glue and the surface below the grease?

His favorite cleaners were 409, acetone and alcohol. One after the other.

Ken
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(John @ Feb 9 2007, 01:24 PM) *

Ok,

So this is the stuff that works? I'd kinda like to know before I spend that kind of cash....

Find it yourself John. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.