Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome Bumper Deal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I was checking out my favorite bargain site,, and I came across this smoking deal,, so I thought I'd share.

http://thebumpershop.com/TheBumperShop/Promotion-Info.asp

some discussion,,

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/702206/

The promotion says it ends 1/31/07,, but has been extended, give them a call,, I will be. biggrin.gif

-Rob
yello914
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Feb 8 2007, 01:04 PM) *

I was checking out my favorite bargain site,, and I came across this smoking deal,, so I thought I'd share.

http://thebumpershop.com/TheBumperShop/Promotion-Info.asp

some discussion,,

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/702206/

The promotion says it ends 1/31/07,, but has been extended, give them a call,, I will be. biggrin.gif

-Rob

Thanks for the heads up Rob. I have a set of bumpers for my teener project that need to be rechromed. smile.gif
Heeltoe914
I have two bumpers thier right now. Talk to Danny say you saw the add on the club/world borad. He is happy to work with you. No other person in the office understands the deal so ask only for Danny. I saw the work thay do its good maybe a 9.2 -10. Make your expectation clear.

PS yes its extended put it dose not say how long get your front and rear end in there now.
BigDBass
I wonder if they would strip the paint from my painted bumpers. Although I'm not totally sure that I want to switch from painted to chrome.
boxstr
Leamon, Is the ad price good for 914 bumpers, front or rear? And how do they look when done?
Have you seen one yet after chroming.
I see these guys at the swap meets here in Oregon and other rod shows in Calif.. Thye always seem to be busy but mostly with domestics.
CL
boxstr
Dan the problem with painted bumpers is that they usually have bondo to make them smooth, and to get them smooth for chrome is expensive. Best to start with a chrome bumper or a painted one that is stripped and not bondo filled.
CCL
Heeltoe914
My customers bumpers had dents and ding maybe the size of a silver doller. And one even has a whole in it that thay have to put a plate as backing. I still was qouted the 175 price right in there shop. Thay seem to be the guys doing everybody croming I saw many shop drop off while I was there. The work looks good no pits or sand marks. expect a 9 if you give them crap to start with. I will post pic of the ones I sent out next week.

I would be clear about wonting your bumper back. I think thay have a few to swap out I sent a early rear so I needed that same one back.
Allan
I:D
Heeltoe914
Here you go the Bumper shop got me my bumpers. I would have to say the work is very good I don’t have much to compare to I have never had a 30 yr old bumper redone. I see no pits cracks sanding marks or really any imperfections at all in the chrome. I sent one Bumper that had a large cancer whole in it and you cant see where it was. Fixed with no extra charge. I would have no problems putting there work on a show car. I think the price of 280 would have been very fare but 175 I paid was even better (each). I would say two things I can with the right angle see a few waves very few but I really have to look hard really hard on the car It will be perfect. Also you have to be very clear on the bumper year you send out I sent in a 70 rear straight edge and got back a 74 rear, not good fro my six, Went down the next day and they had it ready to go out to someone else That would have been bad. Word up make sure and tell them you wont only your bumper back. I would rate them with a 9 on service and a 9 on quality. Overall price time back and final appearance 10+. I am very happy.
914helo
They look nice piratenanner.gif Seems like you got a good deal!
913B
Those look very nice. Now does anyone now where to get the chrome cap for the tow hook. I heard you can get a close fit from Home Depot, like from a faucet fixture or something ??
Grelber
Yep, faucet/plumbing plug.
Allan
That looks really great. I'm going to drop mine off there next week.

How long did it actually take?
Heeltoe914
maybe two weeks.
boxstr
So are they back at their $240 chrome pricing now?
CCLIN 914NATION
Heeltoe914
The shop is very big but still working like a shop in TJ. I think the deal was so unclear from the internet that if you asked for Danny and told him you will be sending him 2 or 3 bumpers reffered from the internet I dont think he would care. I am taking two more down next week just because of price. I will drop you a line if you like on if he still gives that price.
GWN7
my spare bumpers are burried under about 5' of snow...hope this deal is still available when it warms up
jeeperjohn56
I was wandering if that good deal for the bumpers is still going on? Do you know what the turn around is for both bumpers? John
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Mar 2 2007, 09:41 PM) *

I was wandering if that good deal for the bumpers is still going on? Do you know what the turn around is for both bumpers? John

About two weeks
Allan
Jeez, I call today to arrange to drop off my bumpers tomorrow and the girl says $200.00 each. I tell her that their web page still shows the $175.00 price and she says that, yeah we know but it's $200.00 now.

On the plus side, she told me if I bring them down tomorrow, and they're not too bad they "MAY" give me the special price.

I think that even if they don't give me the special, $400.00 for both bumpers is still a pretty good deal.
Allan
Dropped my bumpers off today.

They gave me the $175.00 914 World special!!!
Allan
Got a call today that my bumpers are done!!! boldblue.gif

Only took 11 days.

Gonna go pick them up tomorrow.

I'll post pics of the outcome...
brer
dude, get out of bed and go get your bumpers!
I want to see em.
rick 918-S
WTF.gif cool_shades.gif popcorn[1].gif wavey.gif
brer

I'm bored and need something to do like ooogle other people chrome.
Allan
QUOTE(brer @ Mar 20 2007, 10:54 AM) *

I'm bored and need something to do like ooogle other people chrome.

Okay... biggrin.gif
Rotary'14
Those look GREAT

The lucky car in the background is gonna be happy!

I would've posted pics of mine,, but I don't have as cool a backdrop, or as clean a garage.

-rob
73Phoenix20
Oh, Crap! Those are WAY too nice for your Teener!

I'll take them off your hands for .... $350.00!

Seriously, WAY nice!!! I want some just to hang on my garage wall and use for a mirror to pick my teeth!
Allan
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Apr 3 2007, 06:53 PM) *

I'll take them off your hands for .... $350.00!

Each?

Sold...
Allan
Ya gotta guess what's in here to win. Thanks Joe...
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 3 2007, 07:36 PM) *

My guess is a brand new NOS dash pad. PM me for my address when you are ready to ship the bumpers smilie_pokal.gif
jeeperjohn56
Hey Every one! talked to the guy Danny at the bumper shop on 3/15/07 about the $175 price he said he would still honor it since he got a lot of response from the 914world people and would like more. He came to the Good Guys Car show on 3/24- 3/26/07 and I dropped both my bumpers off to save shipping one way,and I payed $366 for both with $16 for desposal fee. Talk to Danny nice guy. John driving.gif
jeeperjohn56
icon_bump.gif The price for both bumpers $350 plus $16 for desposal total $366 sorry for miss quote John
73Phoenix20
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 3 2007, 07:36 PM) *

Naah; too wide and flat for a new dash, although that is a great thought...

My guess is a brand spankin' NOS Heated Glass Rear Window...! Need a Switch???

beerchug.gif
73Phoenix20
Ooooh, wait, wait, don't tell me!

A perfect set of NOS Bumper Tops for those nice rechromed 'Pretties"

Yes??? NO??? Maybe???
Allan
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Apr 4 2007, 06:31 AM) *

Yes??? NO??? Maybe???

Nope...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.