Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm going to Sebring.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm taking my nephews to their first track event and we'll be camping in the infield.

Man, they're going to learn a lot about cars and.....ummmm.....other stuff in the infield at Sebring. blink.gif

Feel free to stop by for a beerchug.gif
URY914
12 hours?

Any idea where you'll be?
championgt1
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 8 2007, 06:04 PM) *

12 hours?

Any idea where you'll be?

Man, I'm jealous. I always wanted to go to Sebring. I live in Washington which puts me about as far away as possible. The closest ALMS race was in Portland,OR. but it is not on their schedule this year. BUMMER!! Anyway hope you have a great time.
SGB
I went last year. Ye-ha! Turn 10 is the crazy of the crazy infield. Take ear plugs and walkie talkies. Definately go before the start to the "pit walk" where you get to see the cars, drivers, owners, team, babes, everything! We'll be expecting lotsa pics!
Series9
I've been many times, but it's been a while.

I usually stay between turn 4? and the hairpin, just west of the drive-over bridge.

We'll be there Wednesday morning at 6am when they open the gates.

I also usually leave after the race starts on Saturday so I can head home to watch on TV.
URY914
Joe,
are you coming to Temple Terrace first? I doubt if I going to the race but you need to swing by my house.

Paul
carr914
I'll be there, I camp on the Air Force base pool that they filled in. It's the high point in case it rains. It's on the triangle shaped piece of land on the right before the drive-over bridge to Green Park. See Ya there.

T.C.
Series9
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 9 2007, 05:46 AM) *

Joe,
are you coming to Temple Terrace first? I doubt if I going to the race but you need to swing by my house.

Paul

No. I'm flying to North Carolina to pick up the boys and then driving to Ormond Beach to a friend's house on Tuesday. Sebring from there.
URY914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 9 2007, 05:59 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 9 2007, 05:46 AM) *

Joe,

Paul

No. I'm flying to North Carolina to pick up the boys and then driving to Ormond Beach to a friend's house on Tuesday. Sebring from there.

Well you suck then. biggrin.gif
carr914
Anybody else going? It's almost time to pack.

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
I'll be there with my son, we've been going for 13 years now. Hairpin= "the zoo" !! What a great event.
smg914
As I was leaving last years 12 Hour I said to myself, "I'm not going next year, I'm just gonna stay home and watch it on TV". But now ya got me thinking about going.

Last year I spent most of the time in the Porsche corral talking to people and watching the race on speed in the Porsche tent.

If I do go this you I'll come find you TC and Joe.
Series9
I just said to Luckie: "How will guys find me at Sebring?"

She said: "You need a Series9 flag."

idea.gif
carr914
I've got my Series 9 Sticker on a banner I will be hanging at my campsite.

T.C.
URY914
TC, are you going to Dave White's Sat?
carr914
Sure, thanks for reminding me.

T.C.
Series9
If Robert comes through on my last minute banner request, I'll be displaying this at my campsite:

Series9
And I usually stay here:

carr914
I will be about 400 yards from you but on the other side of the cross-over. If you look at your map and see the big Y where one part goes to the cross-over bridge and the the goes towards SPECTATOR PARKING, I will be right in the middle of that Y like a great piece of snatch. Look forward to seeing you my brother. I do have to put in a few hours working on the Starters stand for Skip Barber National Mazda Championship, but will otherwise be in PARTY mode.

I'm already there in my mind, T.C.
914chris
I will be working at Sebring. Trying to beat the Porsche RS Spyders. I work for the Acura ALMS program. Hopefully I will find time to visit you guys out there where all the fun is happening. Maybe have a drink when I'm done for the day.
carr914
Chris, I wish I had known you worked on the Acura program, I would have stopped by and said hello the day before the "Practice race" as I was down with Skip Barber that weekend while the ALMS teams were set up in the paddock. Gosh, it was cold that weekend.

T.C.
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 7 2007, 10:21 PM) *

...... I will be right in the middle of that Y like a great piece of snatch. Look forward to seeing you my brother......

av-943.gif That's some funny shit right there. beerchug.gif
carr914
Joe, Do you already have your tickets. If not P.M. me

w00t.gif HaHa I said snatch

Some of my stuff is already packed. The beer goes on ice tomorrow. beer.gif

Hell I may just go down Tuesday, Fast Cars, lots of Cold Beer, Girls Flashing like it's Mardi Gras, I can't wait. I hear there is a race happening too,

T.C.

Me in Turn 12
Series9
Robert comes through:

wbergtho
I'm thinking of flying down w/out tickets. My question is simply...how much are tickets and will they be available?
Series9
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Mar 9 2007, 08:42 AM) *

I'm thinking of flying down w/out tickets. My question is simply...how much are tickets and will they be available?

Tickets are $90 and are available near the front gate.
carr914
Countdown is less than 2 days from hearing engines. Anybody else coming to enjoy a few cold beverages and see some REAL racing?

Gentlemen Start Your Engines,
T.C.
Series9
And I'm off.

NC today, Ormond Beach tomorrow, Sebring on Wednesday.
Rleog
I'll be camping out of the back of a Jeep Laredo at turn 3, number 3. Stop by for a beer or two!
carr914
Bob, Your just a chip shot away, see ya there.

T.C.
Series9
Hello from MDW. RDU is next......
carr914
Final packing going on now. Looks like great weather. See Ya at the Races. I will send pictures.

T.C.
914chris
The weather is nice. Been here since Saturday. The Porsche's are beating us pretty bad right now.
SGB
ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!ENVY! MASSIVE ENVY!
smile.gif
Zimms
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I can't wait!

Mark
carr914
Just got home, I'll post some pictures soon. Saw Joe (Series 9) Doug (Ein 6er), Sorry I didn't run into Chris, Bob or Mark. Huge rain & wind storms Thursday and Friday (I had 3 inches of water in my tent Thursday), but absolutely beautiful weather for Saturdays race. I wish the Porsches had done better.

T.C.
Series9
The best one:

Series9
My friend Bobby. Likely a partner in Series9. He doesn't play here, but he's one of us:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.