Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *^&)(^&$&^&*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Well, no wonder I can't get my damned webers to sync! My #4 Cylinder only has 70 lbs compression. Any thoughts/suggestions? (No, BJ, a Scooby is not an option at this time)
Crazyhippy
damn... on multiple levels

BJH
Crazyhippy
What are the other #'s?

And try squirting just a bit of oil in #4 and see what it does to the compression #'s
Joe Bob
Well...ya gots to figure out why....

Toss in some oil and redo....comp up? Rings....

Same old shit.....valves....
Carlitos Way
OK. A little more info: I re-did the compression test, this time with the throttle open. *(yes, dumbass)*. Now, it's interesting. All cylinders are about even at 120 with open throttle. But, with closed throttle #3 is about 20 lbs lower than 1, 2 and 3.

So... any other ideas? besides a shotgun?
Joe Bob
Do a leak down....kill a chicken....sacrifice a virgin...
sean_v8_914
hold revs at 3800 rpm. slowly sprinkle 1/2 cup of AJAX into throttle body. change oil. say 10 Hail Marys.
SGB
Blocked air passage in the carb? Are the air bypass screws choked down all the way? I gotta have a couple of turns out on mine. I might attribute the inconsistant test results to that too, or maybe battery condition. A few rpms slower can REALLY scew results- I speak from experience- my panic was leading me to some dramatic conclusions. 120 all around is good. If you repeat the test you may get different results, then what happens to your confidence? If you decide to rebuild the webers, make sure you set the float level- that being off caused me a long period of angst as well.
Crazyhippy
Whew...

if they are all even w/ the throttle blades open, the rings and valves are ok.

The difference when the throttle is closed could be carb tweakage, something plugged, etc.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.