Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Waiting for things to turn UP in '07!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
January the neighbor's walnut tree crushes my storage tent

February, (today) I get rear ended while my 87 Benz is stopped in traffic. Bumper is pushed in a foot and both rear fenders are creased at the wheel wells. Too old for value despite all the upgrades. huh.gif Calling Howard in the AM...
Dave_Darling
But you're OK, and not hurt, it sounds like.

Sorry to hear about the car. You might be surprised, sometimes you can get more fixed than you think. (Then again, sometimes you can't.)

--DD
neo914-6
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 9 2007, 03:50 AM) *

But you're OK, and not hurt, it sounds like.

Sorry to hear about the car. You might be surprised, sometimes you can get more fixed than you think. (Then again, sometimes you can't.)

--DD

Thanks Dave, besides some soreness in my shoulders I'm "ok" as far as I can tell. My Chiropractor wants me to come in 4x a week though.

Spoke to Howard for some advise, my insurance "shouldn't" be involved since it was not my fault.

Decisions:
1) repair my car (cost may not be a gating issue because I'm not at fault) but once repaired the car's value is depreciated substantially.
2) total my car and negotiate a payoff. KBB has very low replacement value but this car had $25k upgrades in the last 7 years. I won't get near that much but the payoff and buyback for parts can partially pay for a newer low maintenance car.

neo914-6
both fenders buckled, can you say crumple zone blink.gif
neo914-6
March:
marriage at risk, car projects progress takes a nose dive.

April:
After much grief, the other driver's insurance settles on my totaled Benz.

Sold my 914 V8, it needed to happen sad.gif

neighbor/builders contractor replaces my Ducane, car tent and finally pays for the damages.

Crisis at a customer site creates a huge list of work for me, oh and I need to complete them before my trip. WTF.gif

May:
I'm sent to Japan for the month to manage a hostile customer site. I was "praised" enough to be transferred to another division upon my return. Maybe I'm just not seeing the "opportunity" screwy.gif

Wifes brother is arrested, I pay his laywer

June:
Spent a couple hours at Parts Heaven finally met Larry

Quit drinking coffee and began to eat healthier smile.gif

Getting neo914's susp parts worked on. clap56.gif

Building racket next door should end next month.

I'd say things are looking up...
watsonrx13
Wow, sounds like the first of '07 has been a busy/exciting time for you. Hopefully you'll have a calmer second half.

I didn't hear/follow any postings about you selling your car, did you get it finished?

BTW, are you planning to attend SEMA this year? Robin and I will be there, hope to renew long distance friendships...

-- Rob
John Kelly
Hang in there Felix! I recommend a walk on the beach at your earliest convenience. The destressificatiousness factor can not be diminishificated. The only side effect is the increased tendency to string together too many sylables.... far as I can tell.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
ugh, the '07 trend is mostly down.

the bad:

Wife diagnosed with intersticial cestitus

Layed off, my severance gives me some time to pursue a job I'd enjoy

Brother in Law passed away today, my wife is devastated. He was a smart and talented person sad.gif

No response from Tesla motors, will now apply at VW test lab to return to the automotive industry

the good:
more time with family and house projects

more time to work on neo914 and my replacement Benz

contractor finally finished the monster house next door marking the end of construction noises seven freaking days a week...

Aaron Cox
dude felix,

i am sorry for your loss and your cirmumstances.

Prayers sent your way buddy,

Aaron
Maltese Falcon
Felix, hope that things get better for you and yours real soon.
Last year at this time we were bothered by "Big" problems at SEMA. Those things are looking small today compared to your goings on at home right now.
Prayers and good wishes sent your way from me and our family !
Marty
KaptKaos
Felix,

Prayers sent to you and yours. Sorry for your loss.

- Joe & Family
SGB
hang on Buddy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.