Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine temp.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
41ghost
doe's anyone have a good idea on how much of a temp. increase 96mm pistons give to the engine and oil temp. trying to get a close estimate so i can get a correct size oil cooler for the full flow system. thanks
Bleyseng
0F
41ghost
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 9 2007, 02:16 PM) *

0F

of ? are you asking a question , or does this mean something
914nerd
I would be inclined to think that he is saying that there is an increase of 0 degrees (F). I have a 1.8 with 96s and it has no trouble with just the stock cooler, so I am inclined to agree that it makes very little difference.
41ghost
i was wondering if it added any . but i'm building a 2270, almost done. jake has it configured with a full flow oil system which requires a relocated oil filter and a seperatt oil cooler, the people i'm looking to get a oil cooler want to know the temp. i'm going to be cooling, and i have hand no reply from aircooled tech. on this matter so i'm just trying to see if other may know.
Crazyhippy
I'd ask Jake...
SLITS
Your oil temps will run 180 F low and 240 F high after beating on it for a while .... that a good enough range?
Bleyseng
You want the oil temps to run 200F to max 240F . Too low will keep the moisture (h2O) in it and you want it to boil out.

yes, Zero degrees.

A 2270 mild hp won't really need a oil cooler unless you are in AZ, Texas etc. A 2270 with more hp will.
41ghost
what do you consider mild horsepower. this is suposed to come out to 165 to 180 hp.
41ghost
also iv'e emailed and posted to ask jake with no reply, is everything ok down there?
Bleyseng
QUOTE(41ghost @ Feb 9 2007, 03:52 PM) *

what do you consider mild horsepower. this is suposed to come out to 165 to 180 hp.

install a oil cooler up front ala GT cars. It works great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.