Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
If an aftermarket exhaust is used (Bursch) will a pair of exchangers from a 1.7 / 1.8 fit a 2.0? If not what's the difference?
Porsche Rescue
I think you will get a better answer than mine, but I'll start. I think all heat exchangers will bolt to all engines. What must match is muffler to heat exchanger, ie, use a muffler for a 1.8 with 1.8 heat exchangers.
drewvw
I think they all interchange pretty good, the big difference is the angle of the flange that hooks up to the head. Check the archives.

I have 1.7 SS exchangers and a bursch exhaust and its just grand (and loud)
ahdoman
QUOTE(drewvw @ Feb 9 2007, 05:23 PM) *

I think they all interchange pretty good, the big difference is the angle of the flange that hooks up to the head. Check the archives.

I have 1.7 SS exchangers and a bursch exhaust and its just grand (and loud)

Drew - it that mated to a 2.0 engine or a 1.7?
drewvw

sorry...1.7 but I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. Here's a similar thread from last week.
Porsche Rescue
Check the PP link to Bursch mufflers. Four different mufflers depending on which heat exchangers you are attaching it to.

Bursch mufflers
41ghost
there are a few different systems and they all work. but i would get headers.
rhcb914
The main difference between the 1.7/1.8 HE and the early 2.0L HE is that the 1.7/1.8 pipes bend upwards and the 2.0 HE the pipes do not have the upwards bend. Both will fit on any engine but you need to swap everything as a package (HE, Exhaust Hanger, Muffler). A muffler from a 1.7/1.8 will not fit the 2.0 HE's and vice versa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.