Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny help needed...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
there is a set pin (red arrow) that i need to remove to replace the non-existent bushing (blue arrow) any suggestions on this process? i tried banging away but the wife said to get back to work on the car (bada boom!) mueba.gif

really, started to smack away smash.gif but figured i had better inquire first....

so i drink beer and wait.... beer3.gif

thanks all......
TheCabinetmaker
If I am looking correctly, The bushing is missing because there is not supossed to be one there.
TheCabinetmaker
there is a bushing where the shift rod tube enters the housing, and the ball cup bushing on the linkage
scottb
there is the wafer thin remants of a plastic washer.....

if i don't need to replace it, all the better.
MarkV
You need to remove the set/cone screw. You can't drive that pin out with the shifter console on the car. There is a bronze busing inside the shifter console but I doubt that that is your problem. Change the plastic cup bushing & the plastic shifter rod bushing.
MarkV
QUOTE(scottb @ Nov 23 2003, 11:10 AM)
there is the wafer thin remants of a plastic washer.....

if i don't need to replace it, all the better.

That wafer thin washer is the correct part.
scottb
went at that set screw and bent the shit out of an allen wrench. time to find a wrench with a bit more testosterone.. gunner.gif
TheCabinetmaker
The wafer thin washer the arrow is pointing to, is all that's supossed to be there. There is nothing there to replace. The red arrow is pointing to a double roll pin that drives out with a punch. Don't drive it out. It won't help you. Make sure you use a metric allen on the cone screw, and shoot it with some penetrating oil if it's stuck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.