Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Widening wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
This may have been spoken of in the past....

Does anyone know of anyone who can widen 4 lug fuchs??

I would like to make them 7 inches...

Rich
Joe Bob
I get spam ads for this ALL the time.....

OOpsie YOU mean wheels....OK, there is a guy at Pomona swap meet that does them, Assholio should know him, or his Dad can go by and get his contact imfo.....
seanery
You know, it's probably worth it to call the guys who do the 17" Fuchs. If they can't I bet they know who can.

Search 17" or Fuchs here and you should find the threads about them with links.
Mueller
Of the few places that can widen your 15" Fuchs, they will only be able to add the additional width to the inside of the wheel.

the problem with that is you might now hit the struts or trunk wall unless you run spacers to compensate for the new offset

cost is ~200 per wheel

Search on this site for widening, SirAndy was the thread starter.....you can also do a google search, I found a place in Canada (Victoria area I think) that quoted me the above price
TimT
Lindsey is one place that can widen wheels. Also look in the back of grassroots....might find something there
Queenie
Lucas at Go Westy used to widen Vanagon wheels...don't know if he still does, or if he could do the Fuchs, but it might be worth asking. Despite the name of the website, he is not just a VW guy. He drives a beautiful 356 cabriolet.
anthony
It would probably be cheaper to do a 5 lug conversion and then put 15x7 Fuchs on the car.
Brad Roberts
Easier not to answer Mueller. It doesnt tempt you.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.